Back-End Web Developer/Fishers, IN
Qumulex, Inc. is a technology startup based in the new Indiana IoT Lab in Fishers, IN. It has recently been established by successful entrepreneurial veterans of the physical security industry. Qumulex will apply today’s cloud and IoT technology to video surveillance and access control needs in the commercial segment. These solutions will be delivered by an integrator channel that is the first choice of commercial customers. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor as the products, architecture, tools, and processes are developed that will lead the market for the next decade.
Qumulex offers a casual but challenging work environment in the center of Fishers’ vibrant entrepreneurial downtown district. The successful candidate will need to operate at a fast pace, but will be rewarded with flexible work hours, full benefits, and additional incentives for growth.
The Back-End Web Developer will work with system architects, the sales/marketing team, and customers to build a scalable backend for video and access control functionality to be delivered via web and mobile platforms. This will be a high visibility position working with experienced industry savvy executives. The Back-End Web Developer will be expected to design, implement, and deploy a secure microservice-based architecture on public and private cloud platforms. This position offers significant room for technical, management, and entrepreneurial career growth.
- Design, implement, and deploy services to deliver backend functionality
- Create development pipelines and continuous integration and deployment processes
- Develop integrations with third party API’s providing CRM, identity management, and others
- Build and manage reusable code and libraries
- Implement unit, snapshot, and end-to-end tests
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree and experience
- 3-7 years of experience in full stack or back end software development
- Experience working with REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Prisma or other ORM frameworks
- Proven ability to collaborate with software development team
Other desirable skills:
- Integration experience with Auth0, Okta, or other OAuth2/OpenID Connect platforms
- Experience implementing unit testing frameworks such as Jest, Jasmin, Mocha, etc.
- Proficiency with source code control tools (e.g. Git or SVN)
- Familiar with digital video capture, compression, or streaming
- Experience with physical security systems (CCTV, access control, or intrusion)
- Demonstrable aptitude for starting and finishing projects from scratch
Please send resumes to TJ Johnson, VP Engineering, Qumulex Inc.