Device Integration Engineer/Fishers, IN
Qumulex, Inc. is a technology startup based in the new Indiana IoT Lab in Fishers, IN. It has recently been established by successful entrepreneurial veterans of the physical security industry. Qumulex will apply today’s cloud and IoT technology to video surveillance and access control needs in the commercial segment. These solutions will be delivered by an integrator channel that is the first choice of commercial customers. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor as the products, architecture, tools, and processes are developed that will lead the market for the next decade.
Qumulex offers a casual but challenging work environment in the center of Fishers’ vibrant entrepreneurial downtown district. The successful candidate will need to operate at a fast pace, but will be rewarded with flexible work hours, full benefits, and additional incentives for growth.
The Device Integration Engineer will work with system architecture, back end developers, and third party manufacturers to incorporate support for security related hardware devices into Qumulex products. The Device Integration Engineer will be expected to develop highly reliable, maintainable code that communicates with third party hardware through a variety of interfaces and protocols. This position offers significant room for technical and entrepreneurial growth.
- Develop containerized applications for control of hardware devices
- Evaluate third party hardware and recommend system integration methodologies
- Build and manage reusable code and libraries
- Implement unit, snapshot, and end-to-end tests
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree and experience
- 3-7 years of experience in software development
- Proficient with C#, C, or C++
- Experience with low level device control or embedded systems programming
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, RTSP, WS-Discover, or WebRTC)
- Proven ability to collaborate with software development team
Other desirable skills:
- Experience with container development and orchestration methods
- Working knowledge of .Net Core
- Experience with developing Linux console applications
- Proficiency with source code control tools (e.g. Git or SVN)
- Experience with digital video capture, compression, or streaming
- Experience with physical security systems (CCTV, access control, or intrusion)
- Demonstrable aptitude for starting and finishing projects from scratch
Please send resumes to Jerry Fath, VP Engineering, Qumulex Inc.