We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that enables them to effectively assess technical skills. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate group looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is Full-Time and based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRank’s mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation”. You are excited to make an impact and enjoy designing a SaaS production infrastructure environment and releasing new features with the latest technology.
At HackerRank we use AWS and Google for cloud hosting. We are big on Kubernetes, and our development and production environments are containerized. Our storage services comprise mostly AWS managed services and our web applications are built on Ruby on Rails and React.JS.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be maintaining and supporting web application infrastructure for our products
- Work closely with Full Stack Engineers, and Data Engineers
- Build, maintain and support Pre Prod and QA Environments
- Build, maintain and support Data Warehouse and Data Pipeline Infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotations, and schedule
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with Bash & Python Scripting
- Experience in managing Linux Servers
- Experience with building and deploying containerized applications
- Experience with building infrastructure using Kubernetes and Helm
- Robust Infrastructure as code knowledge (CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible or similar)
- Hands-on experience implementing AWS services such as EC2 Networking and Load Balancing, VPC, Route 53, VPN, etc.
- Working with cloud monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch and StackDriver or similar
- Manage data stores like MySQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Redshift
- Proficient with Git
Benefits & Perks: As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough. We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Employee stock options, 401(k) options, commuter benefits, and cell phone stipend
- Daily free lunches and delicious snacks
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,000+ companies across industries and 7M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to consistently hire the best without wasting engineering cycles. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.