Front End Developer/Fishers, IN
Qumulex, Inc. is a technology startup based in the new Indiana IoT Lab in Fishers, IN. It has recently been established by successful entrepreneurial veterans of the physical security industry. Qumulex will apply today’s cloud and IoT technology to video surveillance and access control needs in the commercial segment. These solutions will be delivered by an integrator channel that is the first choice of commercial customers. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor as the products, architecture, tools, and processes are developed that will lead the market for the next decade.
Qumulex offers a casual but challenging work environment in the center of Fishers’ vibrant entrepreneurial downtown district. The successful candidate will need to operate at a fast pace, but will be rewarded with flexible work hours, full benefits, and additional incentives for growth.
The Front End Developer will work with system architects, the sales/marketing team, and customers to build an intuitive UI for video and access control functionality to be delivered via web and mobile platforms. This will be a high visibility position working with experienced industry savvy executives. The Front End Developer will be expected to start from high-level design concepts and themes to implement intuitive, reliable, sustainable applications that will be widely deployed to a commercial customer base. This position offers significant room for technical, management, and entrepreneurial career growth.
- Develop consistent UI for video surveillance and access control application and customer portal
- Rapid design and prototype to validate user experience and workflow concepts
- Translate wireframes into extensible implementations
- Build and manage reusable code and libraries
- Implement unit, snapshot, and end-to-end tests
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree and experience
- 1-3 years of experience in full stack or front end software development
- Experience working with REST or GraphQL APIs
- Conversant with responsive web design techniques and SPA best practices
- Proven ability to collaborate with a software development team
Other desirable skills:
- UI/UX and graphic design skills, or experience with UI/UX rapid prototyping tools (e.g. Balsamiq)
- Working knowledge of PWAs and creating targeted, ideal user experiences on mobile devices
- Experience with Typescript, Vue, and GraphQL (tools we are using to develop our front-end)
- Proficiency with source code control tools (e.g. Git or SVN)
- Experience with digital video capture, compression, or streaming
- Experience with physical security systems (CCTV, access control, or intrusion)
Please send resumes to TJ Johnson, VP Engineering, Qumulex Inc.