Angie’s List is an innovative Indianapolis-based technology company under the ANGI Homeservices umbrella that connects millions of service professionals with hundreds of millions of homeowners. The AL product/technology team is expanding into mobile-first organization, refocusing the Angie’s List mobile experience for a younger audience of homeowners who want to manage their home improvement projects on the go. Compensation is competitive based on experience.
Angie’s List is seeking a motivated, passionate, and inventive iOS developer who can jump in and take ownership of our newest iOS projects. Our native iOS applications are developed in Swift and Objective-C, so previous experience with either language is a plus.
- Drive the engineering and development of our mobile projects
- Ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our stack (development, testing, CI, automation, and architecture)
- Deliver high quality, well-architected features and applications
- Writing functional, well-tested code
- Layout and user interface related development
- Designing and engineering features that deliver value to the people who use them. This means collaborating closely with the entire team (designers, product managers, etc.)
Reach Out If You…
- Have developed libraries or applications you’d like to show off (you have code on GitHub, Bitbucket, etc. and have something live in the Apple App Store / Google Play)
- Enjoy working with Swift and Objective-C and have a successful track record of developing applications using these technologies
- Have experience developing mobile applications using Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Are equally comfortable working with HTTP-based web services, and have a working knowledge of web application and API architectures
- Are looking for a casual, upbeat work environment in downtown Indy (with a great view!)
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Have experience making decisions regarding application architecture
- Love to keep up with new technologies relating to mobile and web
- Communicate well with others in both written and verbal forms
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
Bonus points for…
- Experience working with an agile / scrum-based development model
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or enough experience to show that you can do the job well
- History working in native mobile applications
- A working knowledge of memes
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US. This role will work in our Headquarters in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Angie's List and HomeAdvisor have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 12 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Denver, CO.
To apply, please contact Kevin Candau