Location: Carmel, Indiana
At MISO, we are committed to the health and safety of our employees while maintaining a reliable bulk electric system. We are proud to offer #workfromhome options to our employees, and MISO offers a comprehensive benefits package available on your first day of employment. #hiring
As our Software Engineer, you will be part of a team developing applications that are critical to the reliability of the electric grid. Be a part of an Agile environment, drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance, and be a part of resolving complex technical issues.
- Collaborate with the product owner and the business, and work closely with teams to define application enhancements and requirements
- Create modeling web tools so we can model future electrical power
- Be capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- Ensure quality through testing automation
We’re looking for a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field; or at least 6 years of relevant work experience. We’re also looking for experience in designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems, and have a passion for automation.
Our current openings are on teams working primarily in Java. These projects enable new corporate strategies by integrating systems and services through cloud technologies. While the current responsibilities are Java-focused, we are looking for Software Engineers that can work and collaborate with multiple technologies and architectures. We are working with the following technologies, platforms, and methodologies:
- Cloud Technologies – Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka
- Relational Database (Oracle, MySQL)
- RESTful web services
- Behavioral Driven Development / Test Driven Development
Transformative innovation is happening in the electric industry; from digitalizing homes and distributed resources, to renewable energy and an ever-changing grid. MISO manages the electricity superhighway in the Central U.S. and through the use of groundbreaking research and advanced technology, our highly skilled employees ensure power flows reliably to 42 million Americans. Operating the electricity grid, running a robust energy market, planning for a bright future – it’s what our immensely talented and dedicated team does every day.