Do you want to have a big impact with room to grow your career in an early stage startup? At Groundwork, we are looking for our first in-house developer. Groundwork is a virtual sales system for residential contractors who want to work smarter, not harder. We help contractors save time in the sales process, collaborate with their ideal prospects, and win more of their most profitable projects.
We offer a flexible work environment with options to work from home or in our office (Zionsville, IN). While we may work remotely, the nature of our work is very collaborative. You will be interacting with our founder and other team members on a daily basis, primarily through Slack, Jira tickets, and occasional zoom calls.
Our existing platform uses several technologies and integrates with multiple third-party providers. We don’t expect you to have experience with everything on day one, but you will be expected to collaborate with our current development team to get up to speed quickly.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Support a production web application that has a growing paying customer base
- Develop new features for the mobile-responsive web app
- Provide technical assistance to our customer support team
- Work with team members to investigate and solve problems
Required Skills / Qualities:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with REACT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An eye for design and a willingness to engage in UI/UX conversations
- Desire to grow with the company and help scale the business
- A passion to learn and grow
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Amazon Web Services
- Prior experience in early stage startups is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in software development.
- This will be employee #4 in our company and will be eligible for equity options
Groundwork was founded in 2019 by Jeff Wraley. Jeff realized that the sales process for home improvement contractors needs to be improved, so he combined his entrepreneurial and construction experience to create a virtual sales system for contractors. Groundwork is a B2B SaaS business and has customers all over the country.
Our team is...
- Solution minded We focus on finding solid solutions quickly, and don’t dwell on problems.
- Creative and willing to speak up We are a very collaborative team and since this is an early hire, we will want your ideas on how to make our company better.
- Flexible We are moving fast and our customer base is growing quickly. Things come up and plans change - and we make smart adjustments.
- Self Directed We take ownership in times of ambiguity. We help each other out and find ways to move forward.
- Willing to Be Proven Wrong We believe that good debate is a lost art. We keep our egos in check and work towards solutions that are right for the business.
Learn more about our company here: www.hellogroundwork.com
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in this position.