The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has a new opening for a full-time Lead Software Engineer at our headquarters on the northwest side of Indianapolis. This position reviews, analyzes, designs, develops, tests, and maintains software applications and related databases for the association and affiliated entities.
Main duties of the position include:
• Communicates effectively with staff at all levels to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Manage software engineering team, provide all necessary direction including mentoring, workload management, and priorities.
• Utilizes significant knowledge of client-server and internet systems architectures, especially on the .NET platform to design, build, and maintain custom database, web, and report solutions for special projects and to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• Creates and maintains system documentation including technical specifications, commented source code, and developer notes.
• Creates well-designed, documented, and maintainable objects.
• Understands and uses common .NET security techniques to protect the internal and external applications and data of the organization. • Manages the full software development lifecycle using the corporate application lifecycle management tool to plan, execute, backup, and maintain high quality applications. • Maintains the security and integrity of the organization’s databases in accordance with established security models and standards. • Monitors trends in technology and development methodologies for possible application within the organization; makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
Benefits and how to apply:
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package. Benefits include access to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance at group rates; a 401(k) plan you can save in immediately that also has an immediate company match; fitness incentive programs; fresh air walking breaks twice a day; and more! NAMIC is proud to have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana. For confidential consideration, please send resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to Jenn Steidler, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more, go to www.namic.org