At Greenlight Guru, we help companies build medical devices that improve and extend the lives of millions of people. Engineers use our Software as a Service platform to build quality into their device development process. Think: Github + JIRA for medical devices.
We’re experiencing rapid customer growth. We need your help to improve our core SaaS platform by advancing our product architecture, including setting architectural standards and defining our microservices architecture, which will help our customers to build and deliver better medical devices. Among other cutting-edge technologies, we use Java 8/11, Elasticsearch, and Kafka.
On a given workday with the Greenlight team, you will:
- Advance our product architecture towards increased scalability, reliability, and availability
- Set architectural standards and direction, and define architectural implementation plans
- Spread architectural thinking across all project teams and enable teams to take on architectural projects
- Create, extend, and maintain architectural standards; define and enforce solid design principles.
- Improve the quality of life for Greenlight engineers by building libraries and other services that enable engineers to work efficiently and deliver testable, high-quality code
- Define implementation plans for architectural projects and participate with project teams in building and delivering those projects
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team across the entire Software Development Life Cycle, including participating in standard agile ceremonies
- Stay up to date with architectural developments in the industry and participate in professional development opportunities.
- Collaborate with the entire engineering and management team to advance company-wide quality initiatives, including automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
Great-fit candidates will have:
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- Demonstrated experience in architecture in a scale-up environment
- Outstanding skill in refactoring
- Considerable Java 8+ experience
- Message bus experience, Kafka strongly preferred
- SQL and NoSQL experience
- Experience transitioning software products to a microservices architecture with distributed transaction management
- Experience with the JPA or Hibernate ORMs, or equivalents
- Experience with build tools, especially Maven
We’ll be extra excited to talk with you if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to assess and select various AWS services and service levels
- Experience in bounded context architectures
- Experience with database transformation
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks
- Co-workers who care deeply about our mission to spur medical device innovation and about helping each other become better engineers
- Flexible hours
- Work from home options
- Paid parental leave
- Health insurance
- Disability insurance
This is a full-time, permanent position based out of our downtown Indianapolis HQ, though we are open to remote candidates.
Greenlight Guru is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Greenlight Guru are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please contact Jim Grey