100% Remote or locations in Carmel, Indiana; Eagan, Minnesota, or Little Rock, Arkansas.
Are you a devil’s advocate (in a good way!) and thrive with making code that already works even better? If you are, then consider being an integral part of MISO’s Software Development Team that builds high-quality products. MISO is hiring Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) roles! Use your creative problem-solving skills to apply a variety of techniques, and your outstanding experience, to review designs, analyze code quality and assess risk. You will perform as a developer with a focus on testing. Collaborate with developers and other partners to define and achieve successful delivery of high-quality software. Some of the responsibilities of an SDET include:
- Participating in design and architectural decisions
- Outlining expectations for unit and integration test coverage
- Building, deploying, and leading test environments
- Deployment and release strategies
- Being proactive in QA practices
To be successful as a Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) at MISO, you'll need the following experience:
- Demonstrated ability as a software developer (Java, and/or Kotlin, Angular), and have had responsibilities focused on testing
- Proficient with databases including SQL or NoSQL
- Experience making code more testable, writing test frameworks, and automating tests
- Champion testing, functional testing, and other continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes leading to outstanding quality products
- Rest API’s
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
Transformative innovation is happening in the electric industry; from digitalizing homes and distributed resources, to renewable energy and an ever-changing grid. MISO manages the electricity superhighway in the Central U.S. and through the use of groundbreaking research and advanced technology, our highly skilled employees ensure power flows reliably to 42 million Americans. Operating the electricity grid, running a robust energy market, planning for a bright future – it’s what our immensely talented and dedicated team does every day.
At MISO, we are committed to the health and safety of our employees while maintaining a reliable bulk electric system. We are proud to offer #workfromhome options to our employees and MISO offers a comprehensive benefits package available on your first day of employment. 100% remote work option is possible for the right candidate. MISO has locations in Carmel, Indiana; Eagan, Minnesota; and Little Rock, Arkansas. #hiring