The Software Engineer will be responsible for a variety of duties related to the development, enhancement and deployment of software systems in the Oracle PL/SQL environment. Future development in this environment will be web-based. The Software engineer will design and develop scalable, functional software from business requirements while simultaneously providing support to existing applications.
- Write reusable, maintainable, scalable, and documented code that adheres to policies and procedures.
- Develops unit tests and assists in deploying new software applications.
- Develop new features and functionality to existing applications based on requirements documented by functional business units.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Participate in professional activities related to improving job skills and knowledge.
- Work effectively and diplomatically with peers and users, share expertise with peers, and encourage a team-oriented environment.
- Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.