The Software Engineer II is responsible for building software products used by customers of the Angie's List home services platform. They work with team members to execute product initiatives in a way that meets Angie’s List technology standards for performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability.
- Continue moving our Scala monolith into microservices
- Work on new product initiatives using Scala, React and Node
- Ensure that the code meets performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards
- Write unit tests as well as mocha automation for endpoints
- Consult with other team members to provide time estimates and project status
- Follow scrum practices for project management and technology practices such as code review, change control, and deployment
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer engineering, or related degree
- 2+ years’ experience in software engineering or development
- Experience working on technical teams building software applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience developing enterprise-level features in a backend language such as Java or C#.
- Desire to learn Scala
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Smart, curious, motivated, and honest
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and microservices
- Experienced with application monitoring strategies and Tools (New Relic, etc)
- Knowledge of one or more Agile software development life cycle methodologies such as Scrum
- There’s the opportunity to learn the front end if desired:
- Understanding of React.js and Redux and their core principles
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US. This role will work in our Headquarters in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Angie's List and HomeAdvisor have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 12 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Denver, CO.
To apply, please contact Kevin Candau