ABOUT UPPER HAND Upper Hand builds innovative software solutions that make the management of sports and fitness effortless while contributing to a healthier, more active world. At Upper Hand, our goal is not to just be good, it is to be the best in the industry. To be great, we must first perform with excellence, which comes from extraordinary people; the foundation for extraordinary people is a best-in-class culture.
POSITION DESCRIPTION We are looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to join our cross-functional, full-stack Product Development team. As members of the Product Development team, Engineers at Upper Hand are responsible for crafting robust technical solutions for our products while helping improve our systems and processes.
The right applicants will have an appetite for collaborating with product owners, designers, marketers, support agents, and other engineers to deliver amazing experiences to end users.
- Implement provided technical implementation plans (i.e. designs, requirements, etc.) through code on assigned applications
- Perform Code Review and developer (peer) QA/testing as assigned
- Diagnose and resolve bugs
- Evaluate and question implementation plans from a technical and business standpoint to aid in refining requirements and improving customer satisfaction
- Self-manage time and effort on projects as assigned
- 3 to 5 years of professional software development
- Proven full-stack programming experience:
- at least one server-side framework (Rails, Django, Laravel, etc.)
- at least one object-oriented, interpreted language (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- at least one SQL DBMS (Postgres, Maria, MySQL, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of software development principles (SOLID, DRY, YAGNI, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and processes (“SDLC”)
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Production development experience using React, Ruby on Rails, and Postgres
- Container-based development experience using Docker
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Familiarity with OWASP and WCAG standards and guidelines
- Well-rounded development portfolio
- Cordova mobile application development (or other “hybrid” paradigms)
- Experience managing cloud-native applications in production environments
To apply, please contact Michael Trilus