Angie’s List is seeking an eager and driven Software Engineering Manager with coding, best practices advocacy, leadership, mentorship, people development and project management responsibilities to take a major role in our product evolution. ANGI Homeservices is the largest home services marketplace in the US; over sixty million homeowners have turned to an ANGI brand to find professionals for their repair and improvement projects.
- A smart, driven individual with a mix of passion for solid application design, hands-on coding, and team leadership/mentoring?
- A voice to help continually define and promote best practices and standards and champion them to the team?
- An individual that asks questions and tests assumptions, with the ability and desire to see the big picture and bend the lens to see what's around the corner?
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule?
- An architectural mind that values availability, scalability and sustainability? We use a distributed microservice architecture to make it all happen, and want people who are excited to contribute to it.
- A coach and mentor that wants to help develop team members and help create an awesome team? If you said yes to the above, then we should talk!
Primary things you'll be responsible for:
- Leading project teams of backend, front-end, database, and QA team members, including mentoring, technical planning, project management, breaking features into stories, and follow through on deployment
- The day-to-day management of an exciting team of talented people, and ensuring your team continually works hard to hone their skillsets and strives towards their career goals
- Overseeing team execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Collaborating with cross-functional business partners in Product, Architecture, Operations, and UX/Design to understand the business need of a feature or project, and setting expectations for delivery of their desired features.
- Triaging problems on the fly including Level 2 application support
- Finding pragmatic solutions to whatever challenges lie in the way
Experience we’re seeking:
- 3+ years of experience with team/technical leadership - the ability to coordinate people, build consensus, take ownership for your solutions, participate in hiring, and work with team members on continued growth and career goals
- 7+ years of overall software development experience, with at least 5 years of Java, Scala or Node.js development experience, including familiarity at all levels of the stack
- Knowledge of SOA, microservices, and/or RESTful design patterns
- Experience handling large volumes of operational data with MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis and Kafka.
- Automated testing at unit and integration levels, using tools such as Junit, mockito, powermock, Spock, Selenium, etc.
- Knowledge of data modeling and SQL optimization within a MySQL environment;
- The ability to help advance design, model solutions: think critically, and contribute in the give-and-take discussions
- No fear of making a mistake (and admitting to it), but with a preference to do things right the first time and the forethought to build contingencies into the solution.
- Communication skills - if you're not comfortable talking to people at all levels in the organization, this isn’t the job for you
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
Angie’s List joined forces with HomeAdvisor in September 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. Our parent company, ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO.
If you are interested, reach out to Kevin Candau