Six Feet Up is looking for a full-time experienced Technical Project Manager to coordinate the development and deployment of enterprise-grade web projects from Discovery to Launch, and also assist our existing clients with their proactive maintenance activities.
About Six Feet Up:
Six Feet Up is a certified woman-owned company that helps IT teams develop Python web applications and automate Cloud deployments. We are experts in Django, Solr and Plone, and we deploy apps on a variety of private and public clouds, including AWS, Azure and Cloudflare.
Companies like NASA and UCLA have sought out our passion for quality since 1999.
Six Feet Up is headquartered in Fishers' Technology Park and is Eleven Fifty Academy’s official Python and Django teaching partner.
Six Feet Up is also the organizer of the IndyAWS meetup, as well as the IndyPy Python user group, which will celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2017 with over 900 members.
Why Work At Six Feet Up:
Six Feet Up offers a unique "human-friendly" work environment that thrives based on the understanding that we all do our best work when we can choose how and when we work. The 9-5 desk-chained job is dead. Long live the flexible and casual office space! Not to mention that we are headquartered in a really cool office in Fishers' Technology park. We are right next to Launch Fishers and the brand new IOT Lab.
Over the years, we have had a chance to work on exciting, highly-visible and renowned projects. We interact with high profile clients. We use Mac computers. We have quarterly ShipIt Days. We use a democratic and team-oriented decision-making process. Read more on what makes us unique...
- Manage projects’ entire life-cycle from Discovery to Launch and Support
- Help clients finalize a scope of work/project backlog
- Develop, manage and update project documentation (business requirements, functional specifications, user stories, wireframes, site map, estimates, etc.)
- Manage project budgets
- Manage project timelines *Track progress, keep clients involved and engaged via progress reports and retrospectives
- You show a strong interest in web technologies
- You are task-oriented but like collaborating with people
- You are exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- You love a fast-paced, multi-project environment (you will manage 5+ projects)
- You show excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are proficient with vector graphic software
- Minimum 3+ years account/project management
- Experience in web application development/deployment
- Experience managing a portfolio of clients and working with a team of Web/Software developers
- Experience managing project P&L
- Computer Science degree.
US citizenship required.
Fill out the Culture Index survey (link on website) and send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "Technical Project Manager position (2018)".