CANCER CENTER (IN-CANC-IUINA)
The IU Simon Comprehensive Cancer Center (IUSCCC) is 1 of only 53 National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the United States. This prestigious designation recognizes centers around the country that meet rigorous criteria for world-class, state-of-the-art programs in multidisciplinary research. The IUSCCC puts significant resources into developing research programs, faculty, and facilities that will lead to better approaches to prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
The Komen Tissue Bank at the IUSCCC is the only repository in the world for normal breast tissue and matched serum, plasma and DNA. We are committed to making a difference by acting as advocates for thinking, sharing and understanding NORMAL. We are transforming breast cancer research by offering NORMAL, high-quality, richly annotated tissue samples to scientists worldwide. We are passionate about sharing our research resources. Through NORMAL, we offer opportunities to influence ongoing treatment and prevention discovery. We understand the impact of collecting normal breast tissue and are driven to increase knowledge and awareness in the fight against breast cancer.
- Provides experienced design and development for new and existing applications (web, mobile, etc.) in support of business initiatives and operational needs.
- Consults with stakeholders to review existing applications; provides experienced analysis of business needs and requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints; develops new functionality and/or codes necessary changes, updates, and fixes.
- Provides technical support for the maintenance and upgrade of applications, including packaging and deployment of releases.
- Tests application performance and functionality; performs quality assurance checks and fixes bugs accordingly.
- Documents application development efforts (changes, new functionality, issue/problem resolution).
- Collaborates with team leaders, functional clients, and other technical teams on the planning, implementation, and support of new applications; ensures optimum functionality, performance, accessibility, scalability, and security of new and existing applications.
- Ensures that all protocols used in the development and maintenance of applications are up to date and compliant with university policies and standards; researches and stays up-to-date on new industry development standards, emerging technology, UX/UI design/philosophy, and accessibility standards.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered. Education beyond the minimum required may be substituted for work experience. Work experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted for education.
Required: Bachelor's degree preferably in computer science or related field.
Required: 2 years of applications development or related experience.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
This position may be eligible for a sign-on bonus.
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)