Location: Carmel, Indiana
MISO manages the electricity superhighway in the Central U.S. Through the use of groundbreaking research and advanced technology, our highly skilled employees ensure power flows reliably to 42 million Americans. Operating the electricity grid, running a robust energy market, planning for a bright future – it’s what our immensely talented and dedicated team does every day. At MISO, we are proud to offer #workfromhome options to our employees, and we offer a comprehensive benefits package available on your first day of employment. #hiring
Do you enjoy developing software solutions allowing data to be shared across an organization? Do you have experience developing solutions where systems use APIs to talk to each other and share data? If so, we’d like to know about you! MISO is hiring a Data Engineer to take MISO to the next level on how we manage and share data across this very rich, data-driven organization.
This position is critical to progressing MISO’s data strategy. Be a part of implementing new data integration services on the MISO Private Cloud which will improve data availability, performance, security, and quality of our applications! You will build services, APIs, messages and events, work with other teams to build their services, and implement forward-thinking designs for future business needs.
You’ll need the following skills to be successful in this Data Engineer role:
- Java programming is a “must-have” with a willingness to use/learn Kotlin (Python is beneficial too)
- Understanding and experience building data integrations, ideally using APIs and Event/Messaging Platforms like Kafka
- Understanding the concepts and benefits of Event-Driven Architecture
- Knowledge around distributed systems, Kubernetes, and/or cloud-based solutions
- Familiar with containerization and microservices
- Familiar with Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field If you’re a life-long learner, independent thinker, and you’re looking for an opportunity to contribute to MISO’s data strategy, please apply!