CareerPlug empowers others to reach their potential. We do this, in part, by making it easier for our clients to hire and develop the right people.
What we do.
We provide innovative recruiting and HR software for over 12,000 growing companies. Our applicant tracking and retention platform helps companies make better hires to have the right people in place to build a successful business. Our vision is leading us along an inspiring path to accomplish much more. The next stage of our growth will be powerful and will exponentially propel us toward exciting business, and more importantly, mission milestones.
Who we are.
We are a values-based team that believes people are the heart of our business and are committed to building one of the best places to work -- anywhere. To us, that means putting care and purpose into our hiring process, providing meaningful development and training opportunities for our team members, and living our core values every day.
CareerPlug is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse team. Our leadership takes responsibility for creating a safe and welcoming environment built on inclusion and respect for all.
Who we are looking for.
We are looking for an experienced UX leader to build and then coach a team of talented and motivated designers. We are looking for you to not just follow, but help define and continuously improve our product discovery and design processes to ensure they lead to simple, yet powerful experiences for our clients. You will be ultimately accountable (both as a player and coach) for executing a UX strategy that is articulated, informed, and aligned to company strategy and goals.
Note from your future partner... VP, Product and Engineering.
We are a very people-first organization, and as such every new team member we bring on is significant. However, I decided to break out of the normal flow of a job posting and speak directly to you. I do this to ensure the impact of this position, and the role we need you to play is clear.
We approach our vision and mission like climbing a mountain. Today, we are at a summit and preparing for the next ascension on this transformational journey. We need you to help lead the way.
We are already the expert partners for our client’s recruiting, hiring, and onboarding needs. However we have no intention of stopping there. Our client-base is growing rapidly and the landscape of HR technology changes quickly. We have exciting plans for our existing product offering and on top of that we will soon expand the problems we are solving, bringing a major new aspect of our product to market.
Additionally, we are re-imagining our discovery and shaping process to ensure we are accountable for building product that our partners and clients will love—and that will work for our business.
Paradigm shifts like this don’t happen by accident… they happen with intentionality. Paradigm shifts like this don’t happen with teammates aiming at different targets… they are only possible when exceptional teams align around a common purpose. Paradigm shifts don’t happen when key ingredients are missing… and this is where you come in. I am bullish about the fact that we have many of the ingredients we need (engineering, QA, CX, Sales, Ops... this is a high quality team serious about working extraordinarily well together). Now we need someone who is ready.
Are you ready to solve real problems for real people … … ready to relentlessly, continuously, unfailingly iterate… … ready to take massive action in pursuit of massive results (driven by outcomes)... … ready to practice servant leadership while building product that our partners and clients will love—and that will work for our business?
If so… let’s talk, because we are on the precipice of some great things, and I’m looking for a partner that is ready to join the crew and help drive us there!
Who you are.
You are a strong collaborator and natural problem solver who's looking to make a big impact with a growing organization. With a relentless focus on clients' needs and behaviors, you will strike a balance between data-influence and human insights and be a tireless advocate for experiences that affect measurable improvement in outcomes. You will be a coach for your team and others on applying qualitative and quantitative methods to decision-making and uncover new product insights.
Above all, you embody our core values: * Be Kind * Speak Up, Step Up * Keep Growing * Work Together, Win Together.
What you’ll do.
Serve People: You are expected to hire, coach, and ultimately serve the Product UX Designers – while always striving to both personify and hold folks accountable to our values
- You will also mentor teams in the process of exploring, diverging, and ultimately converging on solutions, being the expert at product discovery processes
- You will be required to communicate and interface with cross-functional teams and clients in a way that instills confidence
Evangelize Purpose: You are expected to be one of the top evangelists of our mission to empower people to reach their potential by making it easier to hire and develop the right people
Discover, shape, build, and iterate upon Product: You are expected to help be a key driver as we focus on a transformation into product-led growth within the SMB market. It is vital that our user experience is simple, yet powerful… making our clients' lives easier.
- You will develop a strong UX culture around data, learning efficacy, and delivering outcomes
- You will establish and standardize user behavior metrics to measure the success of product/engineering efforts
Continuously improve Process: You are expected to help evolve a product culture that is outcome-focused, iterative, powered by continuous discovery, inspired by the concept of empowered product teams, with influences from ShapeUp.
- You will establish design-thinking processes around user research, testing, iterating, and deploying
- You will lead and synthesize various forms of continuous discovery that leads to actionable insights
- You will design and lead creative and strategic brainstorms and workshops
- You consider the full cost (risks) / benefits (value) equation. Specifically making sure what we build is usable, feasible, business viable, and above all valuable.
- Ultimately, no one will iterate faster and with more clarity than us. No one will know our customers better than us. This is a recipe for success... one that can only be true with a Director of UX at the helm who believes in these ideals and will help us push them forward.
What you need.
- Solid background in product thinking and UX design (ideally experience in multiple processes/methodologies/techniques such as sprint weeks, lean UX, JTBD, dual track, triple diamond, etc. Any and all tools that help ensure we are continuously delivering value are on the table)
- Proven ability to influence product decisions based on user data, user feedback, and internal feedback
- You must be able to understand a problem, dream big on how to solve that problem, consider how we might work backward to the first small steps in that direction, and most importantly help everyone (stakeholders and teammates) all of the way through this journey
- Naturally curious with a propensity to ask questions, and derive insights from qualitative responses
- Proven ability to grow and develop emerging design and UX talent into a highly functioning team that has very healthy alignment and collaboration with Engineering, resulting in complete and effective product cycles
- Excellent people skills; comfortable having customer interactions
Your compensation & benefits.
- Work from home (we're fully remote)
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (with minimums!)
- Home Office Stipend
- 401(k) Company Match
- Donation Matching
Remote: This is a fully remote role with travel included to Austin, TX at least two times per year. Our team is growing as rapidly as our client base and we are always looking for top talent to join our team. Our leadership is dedicated to making CareerPlug one of the best places to work anywhere.
To apply, please contact Andrew Robinson III