Location: REMOTE or candidate can be located in: Camel, Indiana; Eagan, Minnesota; Little Rock, Arkansas
As our .NET/C# Software Engineer, you will develop applications that are essential to the reliability of the electric grid. Be a part of an Agile environment, drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Collaborate with the product owner and the business, and work closely with teams to define application improvements and requirements
- Build tools for the monitoring of the bulk electric system.
- Be capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- Ensure quality through testing automation
We’re looking for a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field; or several years of relevant work experience. We’re also looking for experience in designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems, and have a passion for automation.
Our current opening is on a team working primarily in .NET / C#. These projects enable new corporate strategies by integrating systems and services through cloud technologies. While the current responsibilities are .NET/ C# focused, we are looking for Software Engineers that can work and collaborate with multiple technologies and architectures. We are working with the following technologies, platforms, and methodologies:
- .NET / C#
- .NET Desktop Technologies – WinForms, WPF
- Cloud Technologies – Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka
- Relational Database (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- RESTful web services
- Behavioral Driven Development / Test Driven Development
Transformative innovation is happening in the electric industry; from digitalizing homes and distributed resources, to renewable energy and an ever-changing grid. MISO manages the electricity superhighway in the Central U.S. and through use of groundbreaking research and advanced technology, our highly skilled employees ensure power flows reliably to 42 million Americans. Operating the electricity grid, running a robust energy market, planning for a bright future – it’s what our immensely hard-working and dedicated team does every day.
MISO has adapted our recruiting and onboarding processes to accommodate the needs of our prospective employees. At MISO, we are committed to the health and safety of our employees while maintaining a reliable bulk electric system. We are proud to offer #workfromhome options to our employees. MISO offers a comprehensive benefits package available on your first day of employment. #hiring