Job Type: Contract - 1099
Location: Indianapolis, IN (100% remote/onsite option available after COVID)
Period: 6-month engagement with option to extend or convert into a full-time employee
E-gineering is looking for a mid-level Java backend developer.
The ideal candidate will have substantial programming experience with Java (creating APIs and other backend components), SQL (MySQL / PostgreSQL), Git, AWS Lambda, and working knowledge of Python and Kotlin.
Additionally, this candidate will have worked in at least one cloud environment with full stack cloud development — AWS preferred, Azure experience considered, and general DevOps experience. A sprinkling of frontend React experience is the cherry on the top but not required.
This position will be supporting existing AWS Lambda functions (Java/Python) fronted by API Gateway as well as Kotlin (KTOR) web API, and endless opportunities for production and consumption of data with internal and 3rd party APIs written in Java and Kotlin.
At the end of the contract, this developer will have developed a solid working knowledge of AWS Stack components, including API Gateway, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CodePipeline, EC2, ECS, Elastic Search, S3, Secrets Manager, Cognito, and others.
Duties and responsibilities
- Agile team member (two-week sprints)
- Support team initiatives with serverless functions (AWS Lambda)
- Update core API with additional functionality to support frontend React websites
- Troubleshoot AWS CloudWatch logs when needed for production and partner issues
- Create new integration functionality with client partners
- Java, 3+ years; we will consider C#, 3+ years' experience with some Java projects
- Cloud platform experience, working with full-stack in the cloud
- SQL (can write queries for websites as appropriate)
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future
Nice to Have
- Agile team member
- DevOps experience
- Kotlin / KTOR
Apply at Greenhouse