Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Compensation: $55,000 to $65,000 per year
Why Work Here?
Are you a winner? Join our winning team as we continue to disrupt the construction industry and dominate the telematics market.
Fleetwatcher enables the construction industry to have a pulse on the real time performance of their projects which run on a tight deadline and budget. From the world’s largest public companies to small privately owned companies. We take the performance and reliability of our system very seriously. A peek at our scale:
- over 5 million packets from telematics devices per day
- over 3 million calls to our API endpoints per day
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions for our Software Engineers
- Work in a heavily project-based, hybrid agile environment
- Receive features, bugs and tasks to accomplish which best fits their array of skills and provide continuous opportunities to grow.
- Treat each assignment as a project through brainstorming, research, design, development, quality assurance, improvement and delivery to production
- Communicate with senior developers and immediate team lead with any questions and guidance needed to deliver on expectations the first time around.
- Learn new frameworks, technologies, languages, and techniques able to adapt to the changing needs of our product.
- Continuously work to reduce code complexity and maintainability.
- Communicate openly and honestly with everyone, even when we know the news will not be positively received.
- Consistently keep customer needs in mind.
- Maintain and evolve our product in ways that do not negatively impact our customer.
- Build assignments with empathy for our customer’s needs.
- Work with manager and product owner to meet specification needs.
- Follow standard processes and procedures.
- Maintain quality by adhering to organization standards.
- Embrace humility and let go of their ego
Characteristics and Qualifications we are looking for
- You want to be part of a team where success is felt and recognized as the collective effort of all team members. We win together here; we do not tolerate selfish tendencies.
- You like to work under minimal supervision and experience fulfillment by delivering what was only an imaginative idea into a polished fully functional feature.
- Team player mentality; you seek to mentor and be mentored
- You understand that there are not a limited number of ways to express code and that no one way of expressing logic is better than another.
- Believe in keeping things organized, modular, efficient, flexible, DRY and most importantly scalable
- Must be proficient in: Swift, Kotlin, Python, MVC Frameworks, Git.
- Experience with mobile app development in IOS and Android
- Basic familiarity with the Unix command line is required.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL
- Comfortable meeting our Technical and Non-Technical Points of Contact.
- Any experience with IDEs IntelliJ and/or Sublime Text is not required, but recommended.
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and works effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
This is a mostly-remote role, candidates local to Indianapolis, IN and able to make semi-weekly trips to our headquarters preferred, but outside the area will also be considered.
About Earthwave Technologies:
We are in fast-growth mode and have been around for 21 years. Every person at our company makes a difference in our industry and in our customers’ lives . You will be more than just a number here and career opportunities are endless with our continued growth.
Earthwave has a unique and inclusive culture that values each individual as part of the team. We like to have fun outside of work also with “fun” events that include cookouts and cornhole, golf outings, bowling, baseball games and Top Golf.
Along with standard benefits such as medical/dental/vision and 401k, we offer a shortened Friday work-day, and a week off between Christmas and New Year. Additionally, we offer a unique Employee Incentive Plan. When we succeed financially everyone on the team benefits financially!
Earthwave Technologies, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, is a leading provider of cutting-edge technology solutions exclusively for the heavy equipment contractor. Since developing our prototype wireless hour meter in 2000, Earthwave's sole purpose and function has been to learn the construction industry and develop the best wireless tracking solution to help heavy equipment contractors manage their equipment, projects, costs and bottom line.