Be a key contributor to an exciting remote-first software company!
CareerPlug provides innovative recruiting and HR software for over 12,000 growing companies. Our applicant tracking platform helps companies make better hires to have the right people in place to build a successful business.
We believe that people are the heart of our business and are committed to building one of the best places to work -- anywhere. To us, that means putting care and purpose into our hiring process, providing meaningful development and training opportunities for our team members, and living our core values every day.
CareerPlug is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse team. Our leadership takes responsibility for creating a safe and welcoming environment built on inclusion and respect for all.
Who are we looking for?
Our developers work full-stack, building new features from scratch, and balance their work on new features with bug fixes, innovation projects, and infrastructure improvements. This is an opportunity to make significant contributions to a high-growth product and directly influence the growth and future direction of CareerPlug's software.
What technologies do we use?
- Write clean, readable code to implement new features
- Resolve incoming bugs
- Write tests as needed to ensure that changes to code properly fulfill business needs
- Communicate with QA & Design teams to ensure accurate implementation of feature requirements
- Provide thoughtful and kind feedback on pull requests to other team members
- Participate in group discussions about the patterns and implementations in the code base and how to continue to evolve those over time
- Collaborate with the team to innovate and fine-tune our current engineering processes to ensure the success of the Engineering team
The right candidate will have a solid technical background in the fundamentals of web development, with 3 years of experience building and maintaining SaaS products in a production environment, with a strong preference for candidates who have experience building and maintaining large production applications in Ruby on Rails. In addition, the right candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Kind and collaborative
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and passionate about learning new skills and build great products
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Excited to be part of a small, highly productive team
- Strong sense of autonomy
- Dedicated to writing clean, maintainable, human-readable code
- Work from home (we're fully remote)
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Unlimited PTO (with minimums!)
- Home Office Stipend
- 401(k) Company Match
- Donation Matching
Remote: This is a fully remote role with travel included to Austin, TX at least two times per year. Our team is growing as rapidly as our client base and we are always looking for top talent to join our team. Our leadership is dedicated to making CareerPlug one of the best places to work in Austin.
To apply, please contact Andrew Robinson III