Who are we?
Combined Curiosity is an innovative, high-growth, digital e-commerce company. We have experienced explosive growth these past 18 months and we are excited to scale a team of experienced developers to make the platform match the desired experience.
Who are we looking for?
A visionary senior software engineer to lead a team as we build the world’s best hobby education platform. This is a from-scratch build currently in the architecture and design phase. It will be the next generation of the current platform and focus deeply on user experience with complex but not complicated feature build out! If you are looking for a fun development challenge with a modern stack and a sharp team-- let’s talk!
Why you would want to work with us:
You’ll be excited about the work you do. Our product genuinely impacts the lives of our students and we have loads of testimonials to show for it (warning: you might need tissues for some).
You won’t have limited constraints. Tired of being bogged down with bureaucratic red tape, look no further. If it works, we’ll do it...just tell us your plan. We don't think in budgets but rather margin growth.
No egos. We are a small company and want people who will speak up and push hard. From the top down we are all willing to jump in to contribute for the greater good of the company. In short, we want to learn from you as you learn from us.
Uncapped future. Your work doesn’t stop here. After we master marketing Piano In A Flash there will be an opportunity to grow with the company as we add other passions to the platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform as a player-coach who isn’t afraid of getting deep into the code
- Implement a scalable framework for dev processes to run smoothly
- Mentor and develop existing team of software engineers
- Work closely with leadership and department heads to build an innovative platform for the company to center around
- Strategize with leadership to determine the product roadmap
- Lead team meetings, effective 1:1’s, and sprint/task planning, and perform code reviews
- Utilize your strong problem-solving skills coupled with demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Organize and prioritize tasks for the development to deliver projects on time
- Be a team player who is able to maintain calm under pressure and through stressful situations
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
- Provide oversight and foster built-In quality, team and technical Agility; adopt new mindsets and habits in how people approach their work while supporting decentralized decision making.
What You Need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 8+ years of related experience and proven track record of performance within a rapidly-scaling organization
- Experienced in development on AWS
- Demonstrated experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Demonstrated experience supporting executive-level management and driving interdepartmental collaboration
- Experience with B2C software and e-learning is a plus
To apply, please contact Natalie Platt