Senior Software Engineer
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate and university partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
Our newest company is currently in stealth mode and seeking a Senior Software Engineer to conceive and design a world-class product from scratch. This company will build a unique solution that improves the veterinary-patient experience for pets with chronic diseases and health conditions. You’ll work closely with our co-founders to help establish and scale this new company.
We are hiring on a remote basis for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join us as we build a brand-new product from the ground up. As an early employee, you’ll function as a creator, builder, and innovator. Your efforts will shape the future of the product, team, and company.
What you’ll do:
- Breathe life into our product and help design our application architecture working with languages and tools like Firebase, Lambda, Cloud Formation, EFS, and S3
- Backend development - databases, services, and APIs
- Frontend development - user interaction/journey, translate mockups/wireframes into website code.
- System Design discussions - interactions between services in a microservices architecture, choice of data store technologies, choice of serverless technologies to utilize
- Ensure non-functional requirement consideration - security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability
- Write clean and efficient code while optimizing for performance and stability to serve our users as we scale
- Collaborate with CTO to ensure consistency, reliability, security, and performance
- Thrive in an innovative and rapidly growing environment
What we need from you:
- 3+ years experience as an engineer at a SaaS company
- Excellent proficiency in 1 primary development language - C#, Java, Ruby, or Python
- Familiarity with one serverless development ecosystem - AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with API design and development
- Experience with database design and development
- Computer Science degree or completion of a coding Bootcamp
- Care for animals and our mission to improve the quality of life of pets
- Plenty of experience translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to confront ambiguity, self-direct, and work efficiently while pursuing excellence
- Deep empathy for our users’ most salient pain points
What we value:
Our stealth co. is a team of people committed to animal health who are seeking to improve the quality of life of pets with chronic conditions. Veterinarians are expected to meet increased pet parent expectations of care despite the unprecedented growth in the pet population & a decrease in the availability of support staff. Our Stealth Co. leverages technology to improve the pet, pet parent, and veterinary practice experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds; we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please submit your information here: https://www.highalphainno.com/talent?gh_jid=4576799004