Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 65% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
As an engineer on the Discovery team, you’ll work on solving one of edtech’s most painful issues: 65% of edtech licenses purchases go unused by classrooms. The Discovery team’s mission is to build the best place for educators to find, evaluate, and purchase educational software for classrooms as well as making it easier for edtech companies to distribute in the competitive K-12 market via the Clever App Store. The public version of the App Store has just been released so you will be at the forefront of one of the most promising initiatives happening in Clever Engineering.
We’re a dynamic, inclusive, ego-free team that truly enjoys working with each other and we hope you also hold joyful collaboration among the things that most excite you.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
As an engineer on the Discovery team, you will:
- Collaborate with Product Management and Marketing to research, design, and code major new features and enhancements that will best engage, educate, and delight educators.
- Conduct A/B experiments that guide product development towards better understanding the needs of our customers and thus drive our conversion rate ever upwards.
- Be an important part of Clever’s ecosystem of engineering excellence as we strive to create both the best possible customer experiences and top quality internal architectures across all of our products and initiatives.
- Understand and prioritize the Clever engineering culture - see our blog post on Defining Clever's Engineering Culture.
The Clever App Store team works across the stack, including AWS Lambda, Glue, Dynamo, RDS, Redshift, to deliver products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and application partners to use. Clever has a microservice container-based architecture and is hosted entirely in AWS. We use Go for backend services, with Node, TypeScript, and React for frontend services.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack Software Engineer
- Led projects and collaborated with a team to create meaningful impact
- Architected systems to solve a variety of product and data needs
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- Unlimited book learning credits to amazon.com and small, local bookstores
- Professional development budget and LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreat and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers
- For Colorado* based candidates - The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates living in Colorado is between $120,000 - $150,000, final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. We offer a full robust benefits package and stock options. Because Clever’s base compensation is driven by location, our recruiters will be happy to discuss a salary range for other locations during the interview process.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085
Final salary will be determined by our engineering levels based on several factors. The range attached to this posting is to give candidates an idea of the salary range at one level within the senior role.