Who we are
Combined Curiosity is on a mission to create the best learning experiences for all people to explore what they're curious about. Since 2020, we’ve experienced explosive growth and are looking for new team members to join our team.
Who we’re looking for
A software engineer who loves to ship to join a growing team as we build the world’s best hobby education platform.
Why you'd want to work with us
- You’ll be excited about the work you do - Our products genuinely impact the lives of our students and we have loads of testimonials to show for it (warning: you might need tissues for some).
- Be an owner - While our vision is clear, our ways of accomplishing it are open. Enjoy the ability to experiment and find the best solutions instead of being told what to do and how to do it. Building > bureaucracy!
- No egos - We are a small company and want people who will speak up and push hard for what is best. From the top down we are all willing to jump in to contribute for the greater good of the company. We're all learning together and from one another.
- Uncapped future - Your work doesn’t stop here. We’ve been proving our ability to massively scale hobby-based brands through our success with Piano in a Flash, and believe that as we add even more parallel, hobby-based brands to our portfolio, the sky’s the limit once we get our hands on them.
What you’ll do
- Build React components and applications
- Work closely with leadership and department heads to build internal tooling in support of business needs and goals
- Work with Product and other engineers to plan out work, run code reviews, and collaboratively discover the best solutions
- Be a team player, be an owner, and build something great.
What you need
- 2+ yrs of software engineering experience
- Passion for software development and continuous learning/self-improvement
- Curiosity (big surprise!) and desire to build genuinely cool technology that people will love
- Real-world project experience with any of the following: React, Vue.JS, Angular or similar frameworks (preference towards React & Node.js, but not required)
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Kubernetes, AWS, and Material UI
- Experience with B2C software and e-learning is a plus
- Critical thinking and writing chops: ready to communicate (and debate) the merits of technology approaches, application designs, and business plans
Your compensation & benefits
- $70-100k commensurate with experience
- Equity Incentive Structure - Take share in what you build
- 401K (with match)
- Medical/Dental benefits
- Unlimited PTO (seriously, we’ll make sure you take it!)
- 9 major holidays
To apply, please contact John Blythe