Iris is a web-based, client relationship management (CRM) system designed for photographers and creatives. We’ve helped thousands of photographers streamline their businesses by automating back-end office tasks including invoicing, creating contracts, and managing photo sessions.
We are a small company located on the north side of Indianapolis. Given our size, we provide a unique opportunity to learn, grow and have true ownership over the product.
About Your Role
Our app is built with Ruby on Rails with a front end that we’re slowly converting into React, so there’s a decent amount of legacy code we have to replace! Between tackling the legacy code, building upon existing features, and triaging bugs, you will also take ownership of new features.
- Developing features and improvements to the product in a secure, well-tested, and performant manner
- Collaborating with the development team and CEO to create and understand feature specifications, requirements, and development plans
- Solving technical problems of small and moderate scope
- Write code that meets the company’s code quality and stylistic standards
- Reviewing code from your peers and performing quality assurance checks
- Deploying features and improvements
- Writing documentation for your code and how features work
- Pair programming when needed
- 2-4 years software engineering experience in a production environment
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Fluency in HTML & CSS
- Comfortable designing with usability and accessibility in mind
- Proficiency in SQL; you can write queries using JOINs and WHERE.
- Proficiency writing unit and integration tests
- Willingness to perform full-stack development as needed, with experience in other languages and frameworks
- Authorization to work in the United States without requirement of sponsorship/Visa
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience with React
- Work experience in a B2C (Business to Consumer) and/or B2B (Business to Business) environment
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Development experience
Pay & Benefits
- Salary $65,000 — $75,000
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays off, including your birthday
- Option for flexible work schedule
- Laptop and peripherals provided
- Dog friendly office
To apply, please contact Meredith Gradle