General Description of Position
The Senior API Engineer will be responsible for a variety of duties related to the design, development, enhancement, and deployment of API based software systems. The Senior API Engineer will design and develop scalable, secure, functional software from business requirements while simultaneously providing support to existing APIs.
- Participate in requirements gathering via agile methodologies to define functional and non-functional requirements.
- Design and develop reusable assets, components, standards, and processes to support and facilitate API and integration projects.
- Establishes reference architecture for the organization's API service offerings, outlining each one and describing how they work through technical documentation.
- Consult team on performance, scalability, reliability, monitoring and other operational concerns related to the integration solutions.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of work experience, education, and industry certifications in Computer Science or Software Development.
- Five or more years of professional software development experience and a minimum of five years of working with a relational database and SQL.
- Must have experience with cloud-based/distributed systems and hosting (i.e. Azure, AWS).
- Experienced with common Internet protocols: HTTP, FTP, and SSH etc.
- Experienced developing within an enterprise environment.
- Experienced with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter who takes initiative in solving problems while effectively managing their own time.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills .
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and accomplish tasks within a team setting, or individually with limited direct supervision.
- Customer service focused attitude.
- Must demonstrate ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
- Familiarity with the Mulesoft platform.
- Demonstrated initiative and ambition about software development, and delivering products from the ground up.
- Experience working within a fast-paced, agile development environment.
- Familiarity with agile practices such as Scrum, stand-ups, estimations, etc.
- Experience with continuous deployment and automated testing.