At Greenlight Guru, we help companies build medical devices that improve and extend the lives of millions of people. Engineers use our Software as a Service platform to build quality into their device development process. Think: Github + JIRA for medical devices. We’re experiencing rapid customer growth. We need your help to improve our core SaaS platform by building out our microservices architecture and helping our customers to build and deliver better medical devices. We use Java 8, Elasticsearch, and Kafka.
On a given workday with the Greenlight team, you will:
- Work with our architecture and product teams to build out our backend capabilities and solve customer issues
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team across the entire Software Development Life Cycle, including participating in most of the standard agile ceremonies
- Stay up to date with state-of-the-art developments tools and participate in professional development opportunities
- Collaborate with the entire development and management team to advance company-wide Quality initiatives, including automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
Great-fit candidates will have:
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- A deep appetite for learning new tools and services. We don’t expect you to have already used all of the tools you’ll be using in this role
- Experience doing backend web product development in a language like Java or C# / .NET, especially if you have ORM experience
- Experience with one or more of these engineering tools, such as Spring, GraphQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, and Redis
We’ll be extra excited to talk to you if you have:
- Experience mentoring junior and mid-level back end engineers
- Some experience with modern front-end technologies and willingness to step in when necessary.
- Co-workers who care deeply about our mission to spur medical device innovation and about helping each other become better engineers
- Flexible hours
- Work from home options
- 3 months paid maternity leave
- Health insurance
- Disability insurance
This is a full-time, permanent position, either fully remote or based in our downtown Indianapolis HQ. We do not offer Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance at this time. No recruiters, please.
To apply, please contact Jim Grey