Greenlight Guru is a software company that helps some of the world’s most innovative medical device companies design, develop and advance the success of devices that improve and extend the lives of millions of people across the globe. Having raised over $120M from top-tier investors, we are rapidly scaling with a driven and relentless commitment to helping our customers succeed. Consistently recognized as the Best Place to Work by Inc. Magazine, the Indy Star, and more, our culture is centered around improving the quality of life for everyone we come in contact with while fostering a fun, inclusive, high-performance environment.
Our innovative SaaS offering is beginning to revolutionize the way medical device companies invent, design, manufacture, sell, and support their products. With a consistent focus on providing fanatical support for our clients, being innovative, and fostering a culture of closing. Greenlight Guru is poised for exceptional growth and looking for the right people to help facilitate this growth.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Back End Software Engineer that is ready to get their hands dirty and enjoys mentoring other engineers. You will play a key role in everything from expanding and improving our current flagship product to building out additional features, micro-services, analytics platform functionality, and 3rd party integrations. This is a great opportunity to contribute to our technical designs, and to take initiative in helping improve team and technical practices.
* Design, develop, and test software that meets our internal standards of quality
* Solve problems of high complexity within your area of expertise
* Diagnose and Fix performance and optimization problems in existing codebases
* Contribute to and maintain internal community projects
* Maintain unit and integration tests suite for the code bases where you contribute
* Consistently ship features with minimal guidance and review pull requests
* Follow and suggest improvements to the workflow processes for software delivery
* Collaborate with engineers and R&D team members outside of your squad
* Follow and enhance the standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web platform. Advocate for these standards in code reviews
* Participate in the on-call rotation and understand and tune code based on usage and performance metrics of your features.
* Make and deliver on your work commitments in a timely manner
* Accurately estimates level of effort for work and keep accurate records of progress and completion of work
* Contribute to project plans by collaborating with your squad, consulting the broader R&D organization, and doing online research.
* Inform your development process by understanding the detailed functional requirements and non-functional considerations * Provide guidance and teach others in your area of expertise * Present your work to other members of the R&D organization * Contribute to overall project plans and your work by collaborating with your squad, consulting the broader R&D organization, and doing online research.
* Perform work on a multiple concurrent engineering efforts with minimal supervision * Create data model documentation and data flow diagrams for the software you create and improve
Requirements: * Positive and solution-oriented mindset * Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates * Intellectually curious with a background in using data to measure and explore how to evolve our technology * An inclination towards inclusion, candor, and transparency * 4+ years of professional software development experience * Developed on a commercial cloud services vendor * Ability to create a unit and integration test suite * Familiarity with Application Integration Protocols * Professional experience with Continuous Integration Pipelines and Automation * Professional experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
Benefits: * Co-workers who care deeply about our mission to spur medical device innovation * Flexible hours * Work from home options * Unlimited PTO * 3 months paid maternity leave * Health insurance * Disability insurance * 401k
Greenlight Guru is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Greenlight Guru are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.