At Athian, we believe sustainable agriculture plays a critical role in improving global nutrition and securing the future of our planet. Athian drives industry-led sustainable agriculture via our advanced analytics platform and carbon credit marketplace. As a result, producers across the value chain can optimize and monetize their sustainability efforts, while retailers make good on their public carbon footprint commitments.
As the VP of Software Engineering, you will be a hands-on leader of technical architecture and development process across all software within our sustainability marketplace platform - the core of Athian's business. You will be the go-to resource for feasibility assessments, design decisions, technical issues, and SDLC process questions. In addition, you - along with your peers in Product, Infrastructure/InfoSec & Data/Analytics - will form the solutions delivery leadership team. The digital products your team builds and the services they enable are the complete source of revenue for the company.
Athian was born out of High Alpha Innovation in collaboration with Elanco, a global leader in the animal health industry. High Alpha Innovation is a venture studio that partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Our founders have extensive experience launching, funding, and scaling companies that have generated substantial returns.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure delivery of high-quality, secure, and reliable software products & systems aligned with the needs of the business
- Design and develop processes and standards that result in clean, testable, scalable, and maintainable code
- Design, implement and manage an agile SDLC process that complements a broader agile product delivery process
- Establish yourself as the go-to person for software architecture, component design, feature/functionality implementation, technical feasibility and software issue resolution
- Build, lead and grow a team dedicated to the ongoing advancement of our platform across front-end, back-end, data, security, AP, DevOps and quality engineering
- Recruit, develop, and retain top engineering talent
- Integrate & oversee third-party development partners
- Quickly understand and extend engineering architectural patterns, and apply them appropriately to the Athian platform architecture
- Develop and support a team culture of lifelong learning, continuous improvement and best practices adoption, with an overarching bias toward action
- Foster a high level of employee motivation, performance, and commitment
What we need from you:
- 8+ years of experience delivering B2B SaaS products
- 4+ years of leading and coaching a software development team
- A proven track record running an agile digital product development team
- Previous experience designing & building native cloud and cloud-first solutions
- Prior experience Meeting requirements for SOC II type II or similar audit
- Embody company core values daily
- Possess excellent verbal & written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical content & situations to a wide variety of audiences at the appropriate level
- Experience building software for some/all of the following:
- Carbon credit markets
- B2B marketplaces
- Trading/exchange platforms
- Compliance-heavy industries/markets
- Well networked within engineering communities and able to recruit and add talent to your team.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus equity plan
- Company-paid medical, dental & vision insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO plan to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- A remote-first culture. Work from anywhere in the continental United States
- A company-provided laptop and peripherals, plus a monthly technology stipend to help cover additional working expenses
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial environment with a proven venture studio playbook
- The opportunity to create, build, and grow innovative products with proven founders
Equal Employment Opportunity
Athian is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds; we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity. Because we value diversity highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please submit your information here: https://www.highalphainno.com/talent?gh_jid=4585598004