Indianapolis Programming Jobs
Are you an OO developer looking to join something that's already exploded in Indiana? We are hiring (2) devs immediately with budget to bring another (4) before the end of the year. We are located in the heart of Broadripple w/ a 3 story facility full of problem solvers and people pushing the web intoa new realm!
If you're progressive and looking to contribute to something larger we'd love to hear from you!
If you're looking for a CREATIVE and dedicated team- centric environment this is it!
- Broad understanding of web architecture and how it applies to scalability
- Enjoys building user-focused interfaces, using Ajax when appropriate
- Collaborating with product managers, editorial, and business partners to understand software requirements
- Participating in architectural decisions
- Troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Strong communication skills
- Have Object Oriented Design experience? (NET 4.5. is our current framework but not required)
- Do you hold strong communication skills?
- Agile software development, prototyping and code review experience?
- CS Degree highly preferred but not required!
Our ideal candidate has experience with:
- Agile software development, prototyping and code reviews
- Two-plus years of .NET development ( or Object Oriented) experience required
There are no remote opportunities at this time as our developers work in a team environment
We are paying between 60-120K based on experience and contribution abilities!
Please apply at:
We believe that the true diversity of ideas and experiences of millennials is not being captured by today’s news and content companies. Millions of stories are not being told. We built The Odyssey to flip the traditional top down editorial model, and capture great stories in local communities and then amplify them through human sharing, from local to the world.
What we do:
The Odyssey is a social content platform that crowd-sources ideas and views from millennial influencers across the country, to share with peers in their local communities. We flip the traditional top down editorial model, and bring to the surface, and amplify, the tremendous diversity of ideas, perspectives and opinions that reflect real conversations happening at the local level. We have over 180 communities growing to 450 by year end, 2500 writers nationally and counting, and a rigorous focus on content relevance and quality.
What we’re looking for
Localstake is looking for a strong Ruby on Rails developer with an entrepreneurial spirit and interest in participating in a startup environment. Candidate must be interested in working with a small team of fun and passionate trailblazers in the world of startup financing. The developer will work full-time out of our downtown Indianapolis office.
We are looking for a full-stack developer with a strong technical background in:
- Ruby on Rails
- Rspec and TDD
A strong candidate would also have experience:
- Developing with Ruby on Rails best practices
- Building scalable, performant web applications, including database querying
- Building features using API integrations such as Stripe, LinkedIn, Facebook, Docusign, or Dwolla
- Building usable applications with modern front-end frameworks
- Auditing applications for potential security exploits
- Managing cloud services such as Amazon EC2, S3 and Heroku
The candidate must be personally motivated, able to work independently, produce results rapidly, and have excellent problem solving and communication skills. A basic understanding of the world of finance is a plus.
Localstake offers a competitive compensation package, including salary and the opportunity for equity. We work in a lean/agile development environment as our product continues to evolve at a rapid pace. We also provide some flexibility on work schedule and remote work time. Our small product development team offers the opportunity to jump in and be integrally involved in the direction of our software platform. Our offices are in downtown Indianapolis.
Localstake operates online, locally focused marketplaces that connect businesses looking for capital to local investors. Our mission is to not only provide businesses with the platform to advertise their fundraising campaign, but to empower them with the tools necessary to have a deeper and more successful engagement with their investors. With recent regulatory changes to crowdfunding, Localstake is in the perfect position to take advantage of this unique market opportunity and create the definitive solution for startup and small business crowdfunding.
Started in 2011, Localstake’s platform and user base are growing rapidly, with hundreds of thousands of dollars invested every month in local businesses.
For more information contact Localstake at email@example.com or 317-602-4790.
We are seeking an experienced Software Developer that will contribute to the development of our Fleetwatcher web-based application. You will have the opportunity to work on our innovative SaaS-based offering that will have a huge impact on our industry! You will utilize the full software stack – from the browser down through the database. In doing so, you have an opportunity to learn or improve upon design/architecture skills and gain a full understanding and appreciation for implementing modern software applications in the cloud.
- DescriptionHelp develop automation, installation, and deployment scripts for both new product implementation and on-going maintenance releases
- Support and optimize existing databases
- Explore concepts, ideas and new technology to create novel, yet robust and scalable solutions to problems
- Experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in web services
- Experience with haveigh transaction systems and reporting
- Experience using 3rd and or 4th generation programming languages
- Experience with web development
- Ability to successfully complete project tasks as priorities shift
- Ability to directly work with peers and customers and to understand needs and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications including documentation
- Driven and self-motivated to learn new technologies and achieve objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Good organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of clearly articulating ideas
- Able to express opinions in an environment of open communication
- Able to challenge conventional practices
- Continues to develop skills in optimization, data replication, other Lead Developer duties
Perks and Benefits:
- Compensation Continuesmmensurate with experience + quarterly bonus plan based on individual performance
- Strong emphasis on professional and personal development
- Great conventionalrporate culture with monthly activities outside of the office
Send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.