Indianapolis Programming Jobs
Who we're looking for:
You have an innate need to figure out what makes things tick. You’re not satisfied until you understand “how” and “why”.
You’re also not content with just writing code. It bothers you to be confined to the way traditional analyst and technical roles are defined because you’re a “jack of all trades”.
Maybe you’re the maverick developer who conducts customer discovery interviews. Or you’ve become disenfranchised with the machine of corporate politics and are burning the midnight oil on side projects.
Either way you have a bias towards action. You’re tired of spending time on things that you know aren't the true priority and will thus go unused. It’s important to you to see your work ‘in the wild’ making an impact.
Still reading this? More details here: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/1628d349
- Maintain existing client data collection
- Execute on ETL (data translation) solutions
- Build new tools to automate testing, data collection, and data monitoring
- Audit prospect websites to determine availability of data
- Understanding of testing automation
- Preferred: knowledge with ETL software like Informatica
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience
SEP has immediate openings for software engineers, lead software engineers and senior software engineers. We've been providing custom software development and consulting services since 1988 covering all aspects of the software life cycle.
What we have to offer:
- Variety on every axis ... tools, technologies, market sectors, methodologies
- Extremely reasonable work schedules
- Fantastic opportunities to learn and develop yourself
- A community of friendly, talented, and effective peers
- The ability to truly make a difference in areas like life science, medical, aerospace and more
- Opportunities to try out different roles with minimal risk
- Gorgeous facilities
- 100% employee owned (we’re an ESOP!)
Our ideal candidate has:
- A passion for engineering, software development, and learning
- A craftsman mentality
- Professional experience with mainstream development technologies (.NET, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Bachelors degree or higher (preferred)
SEP does not offer visa sponsorship. SEP is an E.O.E/AA employer M/F/V/D.
Send resumes to email@example.com.
BoxCrush® is seeking a versatile .Net web developer. Applicants should have advanced skills writing custom .NET tools as described below. Applicant will be expected to participate in the development cycle that entails speaking with our project manager about specifications, recommending solutions, providing accurate time estimates, producing custom development solutions, and working with a designer to style appearance. (Designer will provide you with HTML/CSS, you will produce clean code with ID and Class calls for Designer to work with.)
BoxCrush® is seeking both contractors and full-time applicants. Telecommuters are welcome to apply.
- Experience customizing CMS tools
- Ability to create, customize and extend Widgets and Controls
- Strong communication skills, patient attitude
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- In depth knowledge of .NET (C#) and SQL
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
- In depth knowledge of Visual Studio, IIS, Remote Desktop Connections, and FTP clients.
Desired Skills (will be expected to learn)
- Learn to create a complete website build utilizing the Telerik Sitefinity CMS
- Ability to create custom Sitefinity Modules, using the Module Builder, that appear in the Sitefinity backend and draggable Controls area.
- Implement Sitefinity on various server configurations
- Experience with TFS
- Experience with Telerik tools and controls, particularly Sitefinity CMS
- Ability to slice PSD files into HTML/CSS
- Experience integrating CMS with 3rd party systems
- Familiarity with PHP/MySQL and WordPress
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms and secure customizations
BoxCrush® is a full-service design, development and marketing agency located in Indianapolis, Indiana. When we say “full-service,” we mean just that. Our team is dedicated to providing more—more thought, more options, more business strategy and more results. We become part of our clients’ teams, assisting their marketing arms with website design and development, search engine optimization, web hosting, branding identity and logo design, ecommerce, marketing campaigns (including email, pay-per-click, viral marketing and print), brochures, catalogs, product photography, copywriting, and other solutions.
Our clients include not-for-profit organizations, manufacturing companies, real estate developers, technical consulting firms, healthcare providers, warehousing companies, TV stations, IT companies, and other businesses across the U.S.
Our Sitefinity Partner Showcase can be found at:
Please do not call. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include examples of previous work and a list of your favorite websites, blogs, and/or industry-related books.
If you live and breathe code as your craft, find joy in helping other people learn, and want ample time to pursue freelance, personal projects, or open source work, then this job was custom-made for you.
First and most importantly, here are a few of our values when it comes to teaching someone how to be a developer:
- Thinking over syntax – We are successful when we’ve helped someone learn to think like an engineer, not just learn syntax.
- Quality over quantity – We’re interested in training true professionals, not getting as many people into our classes as possible.
- Real projects over scripted assignments – People learn programming best by doing, not following a list of steps and taking a quiz.
- Emphasis on open source – We deeply value the open source mindset and intentionally create and contribute to open source projects.
At the heart of our values is our people. We absolutely love what we get to do everyday, but more importantly we’re passionate about who we get to do it with and the entrepreneurs and students we get to serve—they’re the reason we come to work.
What the role and responsibilities look like
Our instructors serve as lecturers and mentors to our students, helping them learn to think like engineers and hone their skills in a programming discipline. You’ll also help define and refine the curriculum to stay current with cool new stuff. Have a look at the courses we’ve already launched.
You’ll teach three, 12-week semesters each year. The remaining 16 weeks you’ll only have light duties for The Iron Yard, such as curriculum updates and interviewing students for future classes. Beyond those things, you’re free to work on whatever you want (such as personal projects, open source projects, or products that we’re building and launching as The Iron Yard). And, of course, you’ll want to take some well-deserved time off.
Each class will be no more than 15 students per instructor, and you will have a campus director to take care of all the non-teaching-critical parts of running a program.
Outside of teaching responsibilities, you’ll be an active part of the development community in your city (hopefully you already are).
Your qualities and experience
- Self-starter who takes ownership of your role
- GitHub credibility (evidence of an active passion for development)
- Great communication skills, especially in distilling complex subject matter
- You believe in our mission and are excited about building our culture
- Really care about the mission of filling the gigantic developer shortfall happening in our industry
- A good sense of humor – intensive classes don’t work if it’s all work and no play
- Big fan of open source work and building the dev community in general
- Bonus: great at finding epic gifs
In other words, you pretty much rock and you want others to rock, too.
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive full-time salary
- 100% employer-paid benefits
We want you to be taken care of so you can focus on the things you love!
Sound like a dream come true?
We'd love to chat. Send us an email and we'll start a conversation.
Learn more about The Iron Yard at www.theironyard.com