Indianapolis Programming Jobs
SEP has immediate openings for software engineers, lead software engineers and senior software engineers. We've been providing custom software development and consulting services since 1988 covering all aspects of the software life cycle.
What we have to offer:
- Variety on every axis ... tools, technologies, market sectors, methodologies
- Extremely reasonable work schedules
- Fantastic opportunities to learn and develop yourself
- A community of friendly, talented, and effective peers
- The ability to truly make a difference in areas like agriculture, medical, aerospace and more
- Opportunities to try out different roles with minimal risk
- Gorgeous facilities
- 100% employee owned (we’re an ESOP!)
Our ideal candidate has:
- A passion for engineering, software development, and learning
- A craftsman mentality
- Professional experience with mainstream development technologies (.NET, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Bachelors degree or higher (preferred)
SEP does not offer visa sponsorship. SEP is an E.O.E/AA employer M/F/V/D.
Apply here: http://www.sep.com/careers/apply/
Inverse Square is looking for an experienced Front End Developer who is passionate, self-motivated, and an inspiring champion of software as a craft. As a Front End Developer at Inverse-Square, you will be expected to be an enthusiastic team player.
- A team player - you get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done.
- A Creative problem solver - you often consider unorthodox ways to push the design, and share your discoveries with your team.
What you’ll do all day:
- Participate in the whole lifecycle of a project. You’ll get involved from start to finish and will be expected to communicate project statuses on a daily basis.
- Solve problems.
- Explore new technologies - we're not afraid to try new things, and we’ll expect you to proactively bring new ideas and resources to the team.
A couple of reasons why you might hate it:
- Time tracking - it’s no fun, but it’s imperative to keeping our project schedules on track, and invoices accurate.
- You don’t like dogs - we’re a dog friendly company and there is usually a dog in the office.
And a few reasons why you might love it:
- You’ll own the role
- The team is awesome (we’re not called Team Awesome for nothing)
- Fun team nights out
- Company retreats
- Dog friendly
- Free snacks
- Competitive salary
Email your resumé here.
We are looking to hire a Software QA Engineer for our very rapidly growing PaaS company in Broad Ripple.
The company is well-funded and growing very quickly! We plan to hire an additional 5 developers before the end of the year.
We work hard, play hard, and HAVE FUN!! This job is for people that want to build something amazing -not just punch a clock! Our developers are the backbone of the company and fuel innovation! If you're looking for a CREATIVE and dedicated team- centric environment this is it!
What we need:
- Familiarity w/ Node.js
- The ability to write test cases and scripts
- Advanced debugging skills
- Familiarity w/ automation testing tools such as Selenium etc.
- Collaborating with product managers, editorial, and business partners to understand software requirements
- Troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Strong communication skills
- Agile software development, prototyping and code review experience
Our ideal candidate has experience with: Working in a SaaS/ PaaS environment.
Pay up to 90K+ for the right candidate. Send resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earthwave Technologies are seeking an experienced Database Developer that will contribute to the development of our Fleetwatcher web-based application. You will have the opportunity to work on our innovative SaaS-based offering that will have a huge impact on our industry! You will utilize the full software stack – from the browser down through the database. In doing so, you have an opportunity to learn or improve upon design/architecture skills and gain a full understanding and appreciation for implementing modern software applications in the cloud.
- Help develop automation, installation, and deployment scripts for both new product implementation and on-going maintenance releases Support and optimize existing databases
- Architect and design databases; collaborate with product management on the logical and physical design to achieve product features & benefits
- Develop database schema using industry best practices for stability and ongoing support
- Develop Stored Procedures and scripts
- Explore concepts, ideas and new technology to create novel, yet robust and scalable solutions to problems
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases, preferably with MySQL:
- Installation, configuration, and patching
- Administration of databases in a multi-tenant model for a Software as a Service product
- Implement and administer appropriate security models for a Software as a Service product
- Backup and restore of databases
- Monitoring & performance tuning
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in web services
- Experience with high transaction systems and reporting
- Experience using 3rd and or 4th generation programming languages
- Experience with web development
- Ability to successfully complete project tasks as priorities shift
- Ability to directly work with peers and customers and to understand needs and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications including documentation
- Driven and self-motivated to learn new technologies and achieve objectives
- Work well in a team environment with a strong customer service ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Good organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of clearly articulating ideas
- Able to express opinions in an environment of open communication
- Able to challenge conventional practices
- Continues to develop skills in optimization, data replication, other Lead Developer duties
Perks and Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience + quarterly bonus plan based on individual performance
- Strong emphasis on professional and personal development
- Great corporate culture with monthly activities outside of the office
Please email resumés to email@example.com.
Our development team is small, but scrappy. We pair battle-tested technologies like Ruby, Rails and Postgres with newer entrants like React.js and Browserify/Webpack. Being innovative in healthcare is no cakewalk; we need to move quickly while protecting patient information under HIPAA.
We're looking for someone who can be a force-multiplier for our team as we grow, helping bring best practices into the organization around testing, deployment, systems administration, security and more. We don't see ops as grunt work — we see it as the key to unlocking our full potential. We're pre-scale at the moment, so you'll have time to explore new tools and techniques to build a solid foundation for growth.
Super Strict Job Requirements
There are none! But a great candidate would bring some of these skills to the table:
- Full-stack web experience — At our size, you'll need to be comfortable working on the main product. Experience with web application development, front-ends and databases is a plus.
- Repeatable deployment and infrastructure — Have you set up continuous deployment with containers using an IT automation framework on an IaaS platform? Want to do it in production?
- Security expertise — We're in HIPAAville, so things like SSL everywhere, database encryption and audit tracking matter. You'll also work with our healthcare data analyst to manage sensitive patient and employer data.
- Testing — We've done testing before, but we're just getting started this time around. What would help us move faster and ship fewer bugs?
- Application monitoring — Monitoring is the new testing, especially as companies grow. If you know and love graphite/statsd, librato, datadog or Indy's own Instrumental, we'll have more confidence in the code we ship.
Healthcare experience is not required, although previous experience with security in a heavily regulated industry is helpful.
If you have a skill set that's not listed but you think is neat and relevant, let us know. We think smart, interesting people will find a way to do good work, even if they have to come up to speed on specific technologies.
We'll have open discussions around architecture, conduct regular code reviews and pair program from time to time. Our goal is to produce great products that our users love. We think the best way to do that is by building a great team and making each other better every day.
You'll be an early employee and only the third engineer, so you can have a big impact on our culture. We're always looking for ways to improve our processes and make life better.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary + equity
- A shiny new computer and whatever else you need to do amazing work 
- Full medical, dental and vision
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life and AD&D coverage
- Great walkable location in downtown Indianapolis
- We think you'll have more fun if you're in Indianapolis and join us in the office, but we're open to remote or relocation for the right candidate.
Will You Help Us?
We're a small team with experience at healthcare organizations such as OurHealth, Castlight Health and Fairbanks Treatment Center. No healthcare experience needed, as long as you're excited about our mission.
If you're interested, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself and pass along some links to your work. Some code samples or GitHub repos with an explanation of why you're proud of them would go a long way too.
Come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
: Within reason — we’re a startup after all.
: And if you’re not interested, tell us how we could make the position more compelling.
About our Tech
- Ruby 2, Rails 4, Postgres 9.3, Redis, Resque
- 64 unicorns (which we refer to as a herd, or “miracle”, of unicorns) for our largest application
- Load-balanced server architecture with redundant application, background job, DB and fileshare servers (supported by a legit sys-admin)
- A number of monitoring tools – Nagios, Splunk, Airbrake, NewRelic, etc
- Must have professional web application development experience, preferably in an MVC framework using Ruby, PHP, or Python
- Must be a quick learner of new technologies
- Must be comfortable working with Linux(ish) command line tools
- Must have a basic understanding of SQL (we use PostgreSQL)
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails experience
- Database/query optimization
- Source control from the command line (we use git)
- Eye for good design
- Mobile development skills
- Familiarity with the mobile industry
We have our own version of Agile development, with code reviews and frequent deployment. The team’s leadership are also programmers, so not only do we understand what you do, we can pair program with you.
This is an awesome opportunity to work in a fun, fast-paced environment. If you are looking for a career path – we have it! Want to have Work/Life balance – we have it!! Like a Work Hard and Play Hard Environment – we have it!
In addition to a competitive salary, there is a full package of benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, 401k, and a generous PTO (paid time off) package.