Indianapolis Programming Jobs
Earthwave Technologies are seeking an experienced Database Developer that will contribute to the development of our Fleetwatcher web-based application. You will have the opportunity to work on our innovative SaaS-based offering that will have a huge impact on our industry! You will utilize the full software stack – from the browser down through the database. In doing so, you have an opportunity to learn or improve upon design/architecture skills and gain a full understanding and appreciation for implementing modern software applications in the cloud.
- Help develop automation, installation, and deployment scripts for both new product implementation and on-going maintenance releases Support and optimize existing databases
- Architect and design databases; collaborate with product management on the logical and physical design to achieve product features & benefits
- Develop database schema using industry best practices for stability and ongoing support
- Develop Stored Procedures and scripts
- Explore concepts, ideas and new technology to create novel, yet robust and scalable solutions to problems
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases, preferably with MySQL:
- Installation, configuration, and patching
- Administration of databases in a multi-tenant model for a Software as a Service product
- Implement and administer appropriate security models for a Software as a Service product
- Backup and restore of databases
- Monitoring & performance tuning
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in web services
- Experience with high transaction systems and reporting
- Experience using 3rd and or 4th generation programming languages
- Experience with web development
- Ability to successfully complete project tasks as priorities shift
- Ability to directly work with peers and customers and to understand needs and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications including documentation
- Driven and self-motivated to learn new technologies and achieve objectives
- Work well in a team environment with a strong customer service ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Good organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of clearly articulating ideas
- Able to express opinions in an environment of open communication
- Able to challenge conventional practices
- Continues to develop skills in optimization, data replication, other Lead Developer duties
Perks and Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience + quarterly bonus plan based on individual performance
- Strong emphasis on professional and personal development
- Great corporate culture with monthly activities outside of the office
Please email resumés to email@example.com.
Our development team is small, but scrappy. We pair battle-tested technologies like Ruby, Rails and Postgres with newer entrants like React.js and Browserify/Webpack. Being innovative in healthcare is no cakewalk; we need to move quickly while protecting patient information under HIPAA.
We're looking for someone who can be a force-multiplier for our team as we grow, helping bring best practices into the organization around testing, deployment, systems administration, security and more. We don't see ops as grunt work — we see it as the key to unlocking our full potential. We're pre-scale at the moment, so you'll have time to explore new tools and techniques to build a solid foundation for growth.
Super Strict Job Requirements
There are none! But a great candidate would bring some of these skills to the table:
- Full-stack web experience — At our size, you'll need to be comfortable working on the main product. Experience with web application development, front-ends and databases is a plus.
- Repeatable deployment and infrastructure — Have you set up continuous deployment with containers using an IT automation framework on an IaaS platform? Want to do it in production?
- Security expertise — We're in HIPAAville, so things like SSL everywhere, database encryption and audit tracking matter. You'll also work with our healthcare data analyst to manage sensitive patient and employer data.
- Testing — We've done testing before, but we're just getting started this time around. What would help us move faster and ship fewer bugs?
- Application monitoring — Monitoring is the new testing, especially as companies grow. If you know and love graphite/statsd, librato, datadog or Indy's own Instrumental, we'll have more confidence in the code we ship.
Healthcare experience is not required, although previous experience with security in a heavily regulated industry is helpful.
If you have a skill set that's not listed but you think is neat and relevant, let us know. We think smart, interesting people will find a way to do good work, even if they have to come up to speed on specific technologies.
We'll have open discussions around architecture, conduct regular code reviews and pair program from time to time. Our goal is to produce great products that our users love. We think the best way to do that is by building a great team and making each other better every day.
You'll be an early employee and only the third engineer, so you can have a big impact on our culture. We're always looking for ways to improve our processes and make life better.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary + equity
- A shiny new computer and whatever else you need to do amazing work 
- Full medical, dental and vision
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life and AD&D coverage
- Great walkable location in downtown Indianapolis
- We think you'll have more fun if you're in Indianapolis and join us in the office, but we're open to remote or relocation for the right candidate.
Will You Help Us?
We're a small team with experience at healthcare organizations such as OurHealth, Castlight Health and Fairbanks Treatment Center. No healthcare experience needed, as long as you're excited about our mission.
If you're interested, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself and pass along some links to your work. Some code samples or GitHub repos with an explanation of why you're proud of them would go a long way too.
Come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
: Within reason — we’re a startup after all.
: And if you’re not interested, tell us how we could make the position more compelling.
About our Tech
- Ruby 2, Rails 4, Postgres 9.3, Redis, Resque
- 64 unicorns (which we refer to as a herd, or “miracle”, of unicorns) for our largest application
- Load-balanced server architecture with redundant application, background job, DB and fileshare servers (supported by a legit sys-admin)
- A number of monitoring tools – Nagios, Splunk, Airbrake, NewRelic, etc
- Must have professional web application development experience, preferably in an MVC framework using Ruby, PHP, or Python
- Must be a quick learner of new technologies
- Must be comfortable working with Linux(ish) command line tools
- Must have a basic understanding of SQL (we use PostgreSQL)
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails experience
- Database/query optimization
- Source control from the command line (we use git)
- Eye for good design
- Mobile development skills
- Familiarity with the mobile industry
We have our own version of Agile development, with code reviews and frequent deployment. The team’s leadership are also programmers, so not only do we understand what you do, we can pair program with you.
This is an awesome opportunity to work in a fun, fast-paced environment. If you are looking for a career path – we have it! Want to have Work/Life balance – we have it!! Like a Work Hard and Play Hard Environment – we have it!
In addition to a competitive salary, there is a full package of benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, 401k, and a generous PTO (paid time off) package.
Lesson.ly looking for a mid- to senior-level Ruby/Rails developer to help grow our engineering team.
A Bit About You
- You write Ruby eloquently, and know how to use Rails to get the most done with the least amount of code
- You have opinions on where to depart from Rails’ “Golden Path” (service objects, anyone?) and want to share and explore them.
- You may not be an expert on the latest HTML, CSS, and JS, but you can wrangle a web page like your middle name was “Geocities”. (Bonus points for experience with a client-side MVC framework like Backbone. Triple bonus points if your middle name really is "Geocities".)
- You’re curious, love to learn, and demand to understand things. “For some reason...” is only the beginning for you, never the end.
- You have strong opinions on how things can be better, and take initiative to improve them without being asked.
- You’re passionate about this stuff, and maybe have a side-project, blog, or evil lair guarded by Arduino-powered robot sentries.
And a Bit About Us
- We’re a small (3-person) engineering team within a small-ish startup in Indy. You'll have a significant impact on what our team and company can deliver.
- We build a really cool product that helps people learn how to do their jobs better. We know because we use it too! (And we talk to customers...)
- We're committed to doing things in the very best ways we can. We work in an agile way, write tests, run continuous integration, have a strong code-review culture, and will always hear you out when you’ve got an idea for improving.
- We’re constantly learning and talking about what we've learned. We’d love it if you taught us a few things.
- We’re involved in the local tech community: one of us runs Indy’s Google Developer Group, another speaks at Indy.rb, and we recently won at the 2015 Indy Civic Hackathon. Come help us do more!
If this sounds like your kind of team, or if we can answer any questions, get in touch at email@example.com.
Are you an OO developer looking to join something that's already exploded in Indiana? We are hiring (2) devs immediately with budget to bring another (4) before the end of the year. We are located in the heart of Broadripple w/ a 3 story facility full of problem solvers and people pushing the web intoa new realm!
If you're progressive and looking to contribute to something larger we'd love to hear from you!
If you're looking for a CREATIVE and dedicated team- centric environment this is it!
- Broad understanding of web architecture and how it applies to scalability
- Enjoys building user-focused interfaces, using Ajax when appropriate
- Collaborating with product managers, editorial, and business partners to understand software requirements
- Participating in architectural decisions
- Troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Strong communication skills
- Have Object Oriented Design experience? (NET 4.5. is our current framework but not required)
- Do you hold strong communication skills?
- Agile software development, prototyping and code review experience?
- CS Degree highly preferred but not required!
Our ideal candidate has experience with:
- Agile software development, prototyping and code reviews
- Two-plus years of .NET development ( or Object Oriented) experience required
There are no remote opportunities at this time as our developers work in a team environment
We are paying between 60-120K based on experience and contribution abilities!
Please apply at:
We believe that the true diversity of ideas and experiences of millennials is not being captured by today’s news and content companies. Millions of stories are not being told. We built The Odyssey to flip the traditional top down editorial model, and capture great stories in local communities and then amplify them through human sharing, from local to the world.
What we do:
The Odyssey is a social content platform that crowd-sources ideas and views from millennial influencers across the country, to share with peers in their local communities. We flip the traditional top down editorial model, and bring to the surface, and amplify, the tremendous diversity of ideas, perspectives and opinions that reflect real conversations happening at the local level. We have over 180 communities growing to 450 by year end, 2500 writers nationally and counting, and a rigorous focus on content relevance and quality.
What we’re looking for
Localstake is looking for a strong Ruby on Rails developer with an entrepreneurial spirit and interest in participating in a startup environment. Candidate must be interested in working with a small team of fun and passionate trailblazers in the world of startup financing. The developer will work full-time out of our downtown Indianapolis office.
We are looking for a full-stack developer with a strong technical background in:
- Ruby on Rails
- Rspec and TDD
A strong candidate would also have experience:
- Developing with Ruby on Rails best practices
- Building scalable, performant web applications, including database querying
- Building features using API integrations such as Stripe, LinkedIn, Facebook, Docusign, or Dwolla
- Building usable applications with modern front-end frameworks
- Auditing applications for potential security exploits
- Managing cloud services such as Amazon EC2, S3 and Heroku
The candidate must be personally motivated, able to work independently, produce results rapidly, and have excellent problem solving and communication skills. A basic understanding of the world of finance is a plus.
Localstake offers a competitive compensation package, including salary and the opportunity for equity. We work in a lean/agile development environment as our product continues to evolve at a rapid pace. We also provide some flexibility on work schedule and remote work time. Our small product development team offers the opportunity to jump in and be integrally involved in the direction of our software platform. Our offices are in downtown Indianapolis.
Localstake operates online, locally focused marketplaces that connect businesses looking for capital to local investors. Our mission is to not only provide businesses with the platform to advertise their fundraising campaign, but to empower them with the tools necessary to have a deeper and more successful engagement with their investors. With recent regulatory changes to crowdfunding, Localstake is in the perfect position to take advantage of this unique market opportunity and create the definitive solution for startup and small business crowdfunding.
Started in 2011, Localstake’s platform and user base are growing rapidly, with hundreds of thousands of dollars invested every month in local businesses.
For more information contact Localstake at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-602-4790.