Indianapolis Programming Jobs
Come Join PolicyStat!
PolicyStat is a scaling-stage startup bringing a web-based policy management system to health care organizations, large and small. As an engineer, you understand the value of good documentation and the importance of tools for managing those docs (e.g. Github + Read The Docs). Organizations need great documentation even more than software does (hospitals can lose accreditation without it) and our customers choose us to replace their Word docs + shared drive solution.
Our mission is to provide the power and flexibility of change-controlled, easily-updated, content-focused documentation to our non-technical business users. We're looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team and help build a great experience for our users.
Help Us Collaborate Towards Awesome
In this role as our 5th engineer, an experienced software engineering generalist, you will be a critical part of our engineering team. You will spend time on all aspects related to delivering a great web application to our users. We're a small team, so you'll sometimes be asked to wear hats ranging from user experience design to algorithms and libraries to front-end engineering.
Our Development Culture
We get excited about continual process improvement and helping each other become better engineers.
Totally Strict Job Requirements
There are none! But The Perfect Candidate™ will have:
- Experience building real web applications for real people using a web framework like Django or Rails
- A working knowledge and enjoyment of usability and UX design
- A passion for the craft of creating beautiful code
- An understanding of the trade-offs involved with TDD and pairing
- A github profile with lots of code and experience contributing to open source projects
- An innate hunger for information on the web, software engineering, and entrepreneurship
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full medical, dental and vision
- Disability and life coverage
- Flexible hours, flex time and remote work availability
- Brand spanking new offices in Carmel, IN
- The tools you need
- This is a full-time, permanent position located at PolicyStat's headquarters in Carmel, IN.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
- No recruiters, please.
We welcome candidates of all genders, creeds, races and sexual orientations!
Checkout some of our github profiles to learn more about us:
Interested? Email your resume and a couple sentences about your ideal gig to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1- We have reached product/market fit, we're cash-flow positive, we're growing fast (>50% annually) and we're testing expansion markets.
2- Joke shamelessly stolen from kyle
3- e.g. System76 laptop, standing desk, 39'' 4k monitor
At Visible.vc, you'll help build our Rails REST API and have a hand in backend administration. We are a small team of engineers with some exciting challenges for our backend API and overall infrastructure. We are looking for someone to help us solving them.
You will be responsible for developing the backend of the application. We use mainly Ruby on Rails and Postgresql. You will implement the different features and endpoints for our API. We have many different challenges that range from pure backend (implement metric calculations) to system administration (setting up a Docker infrastructure) or optimization (scale a database with millions of records). Hopefully, you are comfortable with a unix environment and you see the beauty in finding a simple solution to a problem.
You don’t have to know Rails or Ruby (apparently they don't always come together). However, you must have some extensive experience with a language and you need to be able to learn Ruby and Rails quickly and eventually become great at it.
We are a young, seed stage venture backed company, with a team of 5. It means that we are big enough to pay competitive salaries yet small enough that everyone strongly impacts the company. In no particular order we value autonomy, transparency and genuinely nice people.
We are a distributed team because we believe that you should live wherever you are happiest and that diversity is awesome. We care more about what you do than when, where, and how you do it. We care more for quality than quantity.
We believe a company should serve their employees and will do whatever we can to assist you or make your life better.
We will provide whatever equipment you need to get work done. If you chose to work remotely, the entire team meets up in person at least once a year in a new destination every time. It is not just a job, it's employment... that you get paid for! (70-90k salary). You’ll get meaningful equity .2-.5%.
Send your resumé to email@example.com.
We're looking for a bright, hard working and talented product developer to join an awesome, fun-loving team. Review the entire job description here: https://dyknow.box.com/s/0dfl55i7h8ewoc41alwub2lrvxmorzqn
DyKnow is an industry-leading provider of classroom management software. DyKnow’s products help teachers manage their classroom and maximize the power of student technology, especially in 1:1 device implementations.
At HealthPro, we're building a platform to allow patients, providers and employers to work together to deliver healthcare more efficiently. Our mission is to help patients understand their healthcare options and save money by making informed decisions. We're a startup, but we've been validating our market over the last year within OurHealth.
If you want to use cool tools like Rails and React.js to solve important problems, get in touch!
FNEX, the first Alternative Investment Marketplace, is looking for an experienced Ruby developer. Interested? Email Todd Ryden.
If you love Ruby, and you want a flexible, fun work environment, flush with health/tech benefits and options, we should talk!
The Basement is looking for a full-time Interactive Developer to join our accomplished creative team. As an Interactive Developer with The Basement, you will participate in the architecting, development, testing, and launching of high performance web solutions for a wide range of clients. Your expertise with front-end technologies, as well as outstanding communication skills, will be critical while working alongside our unparalleled creative team.
- 3+ years experience creating engaging digital experiences for front-end web applications
- 3+ years developing with client-side web technologies (JS/CSS/HTML, AJAX, JSON)
- Experience with cross-browser/mobile compatibility and coding techniques
- Experience in native mobile development
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of delivering complete solutions within realistic budget and schedule requirements
- Detailed understanding of UX and visual design
- An eye for motion design and timing
- Passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
Additional beneficial skills:
- Objective C programming is a plus
- Experience with one or more content management systems
- Working knowledge of CSS preprocessors
- Comfortable working in a Git/SVN/CVS environment
- Full Adobe Suite
The Basement is a digital agency that creates meaningful consumer interactions. We specialize in connecting people to brands by combining strategy with storytelling and design with technology. Our culture is built on the idea of staying curious, ambitious, competitive, genuine and fascinated. Learn more about us at thebasement.tv.
To apply, submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
In a collaborative environment, under the general supervision of the Director of Instruction & Digital Program Services, this position performs development tasks that support the Libraries programmatic outcomes and web presence. This includes collaborating with Libraries faculty and staff on web-based learning applications that support teaching and instruction, research efforts, and information literacy. This position develops improvements and enhancements to the Libraries central website, digital collection access, and back-end infrastructure to support a dynamic web presence. In collaboration with Libraries faculty and staff, this position develops web-based learning applications for instruction and teaching.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One year experience with software design and implementation.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Experience providing technical support to others.
- Experience in creating, maintaining, and customizing websites and database-driven web applications.
- Experience developing front-end interfaces using server and/or client-side scripting languages.
- Knowledge related to web-based application development.
- Ability to use SQL to create database-driven web applications.
- Knowledge of and skill using web-based scripting languages.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Skills in verbal and written communication including ability to make presentations, present training, and prepare documentation.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in a dynamic work environment where projects and user requirements sometimes change to meet campus needs.
- Libraries competencies include: adaptability, communication, continuous improvement, cross-functional perspective, initiative/ judgment, self-development/continuous learning, service orientation, and work standards.
- Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds occasionally.
- Experience in web accessibility/usability and Library experience.
- Experience with PHP/MySQL.
- Experience with jQuery.
- Experience with maintaining a content management system.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
For consideration submit resume and apply online for this staff position at: http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/joblist.ftl?lang=en&portal=10140480283 and reference Job Number 1500201.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.