Indianapolis Programming Jobs
BoxCrush® is seeking a versatile .Net web developer. Applicants should have advanced skills writing custom .NET tools as described below. Applicant will be expected to participate in the development cycle that entails speaking with our project manager about specifications, recommending solutions, providing accurate time estimates, producing custom development solutions, and working with a designer to style appearance. (Designer will provide you with HTML/CSS, you will produce clean code with ID and Class calls for Designer to work with.)
BoxCrush® is seeking both contractors and full-time applicants. Telecommuters are welcome to apply.
- Experience customizing CMS tools
- Ability to create, customize and extend Widgets and Controls
- Strong communication skills, patient attitude
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- In depth knowledge of .NET (C#) and SQL
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
- In depth knowledge of Visual Studio, IIS, Remote Desktop Connections, and FTP clients.
Desired Skills (will be expected to learn)
- Learn to create a complete website build utilizing the Telerik Sitefinity CMS
- Ability to create custom Sitefinity Modules, using the Module Builder, that appear in the Sitefinity backend and draggable Controls area.
- Implement Sitefinity on various server configurations
- Experience with TFS
- Experience with Telerik tools and controls, particularly Sitefinity CMS
- Ability to slice PSD files into HTML/CSS
- Experience integrating CMS with 3rd party systems
- Familiarity with PHP/MySQL and WordPress
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms and secure customizations
BoxCrush® is a full-service design, development and marketing agency located in Indianapolis, Indiana. When we say “full-service,” we mean just that. Our team is dedicated to providing more—more thought, more options, more business strategy and more results. We become part of our clients’ teams, assisting their marketing arms with website design and development, search engine optimization, web hosting, branding identity and logo design, ecommerce, marketing campaigns (including email, pay-per-click, viral marketing and print), brochures, catalogs, product photography, copywriting, and other solutions.
Our clients include not-for-profit organizations, manufacturing companies, real estate developers, technical consulting firms, healthcare providers, warehousing companies, TV stations, IT companies, and other businesses across the U.S.
Our Sitefinity Partner Showcase can be found at:
Please do not call. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include examples of previous work and a list of your favorite websites, blogs, and/or industry-related books.
If you live and breathe code as your craft, find joy in helping other people learn, and want ample time to pursue freelance, personal projects, or open source work, then this job was custom-made for you.
First and most importantly, here are a few of our values when it comes to teaching someone how to be a developer:
- Thinking over syntax – We are successful when we’ve helped someone learn to think like an engineer, not just learn syntax.
- Quality over quantity – We’re interested in training true professionals, not getting as many people into our classes as possible.
- Real projects over scripted assignments – People learn programming best by doing, not following a list of steps and taking a quiz.
- Emphasis on open source – We deeply value the open source mindset and intentionally create and contribute to open source projects.
At the heart of our values is our people. We absolutely love what we get to do everyday, but more importantly we’re passionate about who we get to do it with and the entrepreneurs and students we get to serve—they’re the reason we come to work.
What the role and responsibilities look like
Our instructors serve as lecturers and mentors to our students, helping them learn to think like engineers and hone their skills in a programming discipline. You’ll also help define and refine the curriculum to stay current with cool new stuff. Have a look at the courses we’ve already launched.
You’ll teach three, 12-week semesters each year. The remaining 16 weeks you’ll only have light duties for The Iron Yard, such as curriculum updates and interviewing students for future classes. Beyond those things, you’re free to work on whatever you want (such as personal projects, open source projects, or products that we’re building and launching as The Iron Yard). And, of course, you’ll want to take some well-deserved time off.
Each class will be no more than 15 students per instructor, and you will have a campus director to take care of all the non-teaching-critical parts of running a program.
Outside of teaching responsibilities, you’ll be an active part of the development community in your city (hopefully you already are).
Your qualities and experience
- Self-starter who takes ownership of your role
- GitHub credibility (evidence of an active passion for development)
- Great communication skills, especially in distilling complex subject matter
- You believe in our mission and are excited about building our culture
- Really care about the mission of filling the gigantic developer shortfall happening in our industry
- A good sense of humor – intensive classes don’t work if it’s all work and no play
- Big fan of open source work and building the dev community in general
- Bonus: great at finding epic gifs
In other words, you pretty much rock and you want others to rock, too.
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive full-time salary
- 100% employer-paid benefits
We want you to be taken care of so you can focus on the things you love!
Sound like a dream come true?
We'd love to chat. Send us an email and we'll start a conversation.
Learn more about The Iron Yard at www.theironyard.com
Come Join PolicyStat!
PolicyStat is a scaling-stage startup bringing a web-based policy management system to health care organizations, large and small. As an engineer, you understand the value of good documentation and the importance of tools for managing those docs (e.g. Github + Read The Docs). Organizations need great documentation even more than software does (hospitals can lose accreditation without it) and our customers choose us to replace their Word docs + shared drive solution.
Our mission is to provide the power and flexibility of change-controlled, easily-updated, content-focused documentation to our non-technical business users. We're looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team and help build a great experience for our users.
Help Us Collaborate Towards Awesome
In this role as our 5th engineer, an experienced software engineering generalist, you will be a critical part of our engineering team. You will spend time on all aspects related to delivering a great web application to our users. We're a small team, so you'll sometimes be asked to wear hats ranging from user experience design to algorithms and libraries to front-end engineering.
Our Development Culture
We get excited about continual process improvement and helping each other become better engineers.
Totally Strict Job Requirements
There are none! But The Perfect Candidate™ will have:
- Experience building real web applications for real people using a web framework like Django or Rails
- A working knowledge and enjoyment of usability and UX design
- A passion for the craft of creating beautiful code
- An understanding of the trade-offs involved with TDD and pairing
- A github profile with lots of code and experience contributing to open source projects
- An innate hunger for information on the web, software engineering, and entrepreneurship
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full medical, dental and vision
- Disability and life coverage
- Flexible hours, flex time and remote work availability
- Brand spanking new offices in Carmel, IN
- The tools you need
- This is a full-time, permanent position located at PolicyStat's headquarters in Carmel, IN.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
- No recruiters, please.
We welcome candidates of all genders, creeds, races and sexual orientations!
Checkout some of our github profiles to learn more about us:
Interested? Email your resume and a couple sentences about your ideal gig to: email@example.com
1- We have reached product/market fit, we're cash-flow positive, we're growing fast (>50% annually) and we're testing expansion markets.
2- Joke shamelessly stolen from kyle
3- e.g. System76 laptop, standing desk, 39'' 4k monitor
At Visible.vc, you'll help build our Rails REST API and have a hand in backend administration. We are a small team of engineers with some exciting challenges for our backend API and overall infrastructure. We are looking for someone to help us solving them.
You will be responsible for developing the backend of the application. We use mainly Ruby on Rails and Postgresql. You will implement the different features and endpoints for our API. We have many different challenges that range from pure backend (implement metric calculations) to system administration (setting up a Docker infrastructure) or optimization (scale a database with millions of records). Hopefully, you are comfortable with a unix environment and you see the beauty in finding a simple solution to a problem.
You don’t have to know Rails or Ruby (apparently they don't always come together). However, you must have some extensive experience with a language and you need to be able to learn Ruby and Rails quickly and eventually become great at it.
We are a young, seed stage venture backed company, with a team of 5. It means that we are big enough to pay competitive salaries yet small enough that everyone strongly impacts the company. In no particular order we value autonomy, transparency and genuinely nice people.
We are a distributed team because we believe that you should live wherever you are happiest and that diversity is awesome. We care more about what you do than when, where, and how you do it. We care more for quality than quantity.
We believe a company should serve their employees and will do whatever we can to assist you or make your life better.
We will provide whatever equipment you need to get work done. If you chose to work remotely, the entire team meets up in person at least once a year in a new destination every time. It is not just a job, it's employment... that you get paid for! (70-90k salary). You’ll get meaningful equity .2-.5%.
Send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're looking for a bright, hard working and talented product developer to join an awesome, fun-loving team. Review the entire job description here: https://dyknow.box.com/s/0dfl55i7h8ewoc41alwub2lrvxmorzqn
DyKnow is an industry-leading provider of classroom management software. DyKnow’s products help teachers manage their classroom and maximize the power of student technology, especially in 1:1 device implementations.
At HealthPro, we're building a platform to allow patients, providers and employers to work together to deliver healthcare more efficiently. Our mission is to help patients understand their healthcare options and save money by making informed decisions. We're a startup, but we've been validating our market over the last year within OurHealth.
If you want to use cool tools like Rails and React.js to solve important problems, get in touch!
FNEX, the first Alternative Investment Marketplace, is looking for an experienced Ruby developer. Interested? Email Todd Ryden.