Indianapolis Programming Jobs
FNEX, the first Alternative Investment Marketplace, is looking for an experienced Ruby developer. Interested? Email Todd Ryden.
If you love Ruby, and you want a flexible, fun work environment, flush with health/tech benefits and options, we should talk!
The Basement is looking for a full-time Interactive Developer to join our accomplished creative team. As an Interactive Developer with The Basement, you will participate in the architecting, development, testing, and launching of high performance web solutions for a wide range of clients. Your expertise with front-end technologies, as well as outstanding communication skills, will be critical while working alongside our unparalleled creative team.
- 3+ years experience creating engaging digital experiences for front-end web applications
- 3+ years developing with client-side web technologies (JS/CSS/HTML, AJAX, JSON)
- Experience with cross-browser/mobile compatibility and coding techniques
- Experience in native mobile development
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of delivering complete solutions within realistic budget and schedule requirements
- Detailed understanding of UX and visual design
- An eye for motion design and timing
- Passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
Additional beneficial skills:
- Objective C programming is a plus
- Experience with one or more content management systems
- Working knowledge of CSS preprocessors
- Comfortable working in a Git/SVN/CVS environment
- Full Adobe Suite
The Basement is a digital agency that creates meaningful consumer interactions. We specialize in connecting people to brands by combining strategy with storytelling and design with technology. Our culture is built on the idea of staying curious, ambitious, competitive, genuine and fascinated. Learn more about us at thebasement.tv.
To apply, submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com
In a collaborative environment, under the general supervision of the Director of Instruction & Digital Program Services, this position performs development tasks that support the Libraries programmatic outcomes and web presence. This includes collaborating with Libraries faculty and staff on web-based learning applications that support teaching and instruction, research efforts, and information literacy. This position develops improvements and enhancements to the Libraries central website, digital collection access, and back-end infrastructure to support a dynamic web presence. In collaboration with Libraries faculty and staff, this position develops web-based learning applications for instruction and teaching.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One year experience with software design and implementation.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Experience providing technical support to others.
- Experience in creating, maintaining, and customizing websites and database-driven web applications.
- Experience developing front-end interfaces using server and/or client-side scripting languages.
- Knowledge related to web-based application development.
- Ability to use SQL to create database-driven web applications.
- Knowledge of and skill using web-based scripting languages.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Skills in verbal and written communication including ability to make presentations, present training, and prepare documentation.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in a dynamic work environment where projects and user requirements sometimes change to meet campus needs.
- Libraries competencies include: adaptability, communication, continuous improvement, cross-functional perspective, initiative/ judgment, self-development/continuous learning, service orientation, and work standards.
- Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds occasionally.
- Experience in web accessibility/usability and Library experience.
- Experience with PHP/MySQL.
- Experience with jQuery.
- Experience with maintaining a content management system.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
For consideration submit resume and apply online for this staff position at: http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/joblist.ftl?lang=en&portal=10140480283 and reference Job Number 1500201.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
SEP has immediate openings for software engineers, lead software engineers, and senior software engineers. We've been providing custom software development and consulting services since 1988 covering all aspects of the software life cycle.
What we have to offer:
- Variety on every axis ... tools, technologies, market sectors, methodologies
- Extremely reasonable work schedules
- Fantastic opportunities to learn and develop yourself
- A community of friendly, talented, and effective peers
- The ability to truly make a difference in areas like agriculture, medical, aerospace and more
- Opportunities to try out different roles with minimal risk
- Gorgeous facilities
- 100% employee owned (we’re an ESOP!)
Our ideal candidate has:
- A passion for engineering, software development, and learning
- A craftsman mentality
- Professional experience with mainstream development technologies (.NET, Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Bachelors degree or higher (preferred)
SEP does not offer visa sponsorship. SEP is an E.O.E/AA employer M/F/V/D.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!