Director of Engineering
At vellum, we help frontline teams build camaraderie in the workplace and lead healthier, more joyful lives. Our solution will help create a culture of recognition and support for nurses with the aim of reducing burnout. vellum promotes individual and team wellness through reflection and connection with peers.
Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, the Director of Engineering will be responsible for building on our existing platform, conceptualizing, planning new technology, and executing a healthy share of our product roadmap. You will lead the architecture, design, and development process and your work will be used directly by our end users. This individual will have a key role in helping vellum find technical solutions to customer pain points and build those solutions with exceptional quality.
vellum was born out of venture studio High Alpha Innovation in collaboration with Indiana University Health. High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Our founders have extensive experience launching, funding, and scaling companies that generate substantial returns.
- Build, lead and grow the engineering team dedicated to the ongoing advancement of the our SaaS product and the roadmap towards delivery
- Quickly understand and extend engineering architectural patterns
- Develop and support a culture of continuous improvement and best practices within the Engineering organization
- Develop and maintain a startup-like culture, and foster high level of employee motivation, performance, and commitment
- Design and develop clean, scalable, and maintainable code
- Build fast, scalable web applications using Node.js
- Execute continuous, agile deployment practices
What We’re Looking For:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of leading and coaching a team of developers that you will be focused on hiring from initial stages
- Experience with Cloud Technologies
- Experience with mobile app (iOS and Android) and web development
- Familiarity with UX design principles and user-centered product development
- Graph database modeling expertise
- Experience with testing tools and frameworks
- Experience building, scaling & monitoring infrastructure needed for SaaS-based application and services
- Well networked within engineering communities and able to recruit and add talent to your team
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus equity plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO plan to encourage a healthy work - life integration
- $150 monthly technology stipend to help cover additional working expenses
- Company-paid STD/LTD and Life Insurance
- Access to company’s 401(k) plan
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY vellum is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please contact Erika Umana