E-gineering is seeking an individual with in-depth technical knowledge, strong leadership skills, and a passion to mentor others.
This W-2 position is located in Indianapolis, IN, and we do not offer relocation assistance at this time. Candidates who meet the requirements and qualifications should send a resume and cover letter to Christi Garcia, email@example.com.
E-gineering is a consulting company. A background in consulting is preferred as there are many aspects of consulting that differ from other business models. For a brief overview of some important attributes, please consult this blog series.
E-gineering is an extremely flat organization. We don’t have official titles and, as such, don’t have a promotion “ladder.” We value continuous improvement and honing our skills so that we’re equipped to meet the needs of our customers.
At E-gineering, we don’t pay commission on sales because it’s a team effort. An interest and desire to pitch in on business development activities is a must-have for this role. We engage our technical experts very early on in the sales cycle to establish trust and provide input for proposals and staffing models.
We value having solid engineering practices as a critical component of the delivery of high-quality solutions for our clients. In-depth experience in technology is essential for this role.
A lot of it. This role is about delivery and is very client-focused. In addition to pre-sales support, the expectation is that there’s a lot of boots on the ground work assisting individuals and teams. The person who fills this role enjoys being an integral part of delivery work for our clients.
We hire folks with varying levels of experience. We rely on our senior technologists to guide and mentor our less experienced people in the areas of engineering, process, and soft skills. Safety culture is essential here at E-gineering. We define leadership as helping others become the best they can be. The person filling this role must be passionate about sharing knowledge and being an active participant in the career growth of others.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and develop applications using modern web technologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Focus on delivering business value for clients, not just completing projects
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Lead junior developers and participate in their career growth
Requirements and qualifications
- Comfort level working with others on a development team, which includes respect for other team members. We believe the best software teams can write quality software without toxicity. Candidates should have a willingness to help other developers and possess the humility to seek help when needed.
- Passion for technology and continuous learning
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience designing and architecting applications in the React ecosystem
- Experience with other front-end technologies a plus (e.g., Angular, Vue)
- Experience with end-to-end testing tools and designing test systems
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to design UI workflows and wireframe potential designs
- Ability to talk through trade-offs with UI designs
- Ability to develop/design a mobile-first, responsive web application
- Experience integrating authentication and token-based AuthN/AuthZ systems
- Experience leading and coaching Junior React (or Front-End) developers