Chexology, creator of ABC’s Shark Tank featured product, CoatChex, is seeking a senior engineer with a passion to work on a world-renowned, cutting-edge software platform. We are looking for a technical decision-maker to help scale our products. In this role, you will be responsible for the mobile infrastructure, maintenance, and feature roll-outs of our application as well as mentoring and developing a team of engineers. This team member will work closely with the Head of Engineering to drive the architecture and development direction of our platform. If this sounds fulfilling, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead development efforts to complete projects and achieve goals
- Mentor the professional development of team members
- Own the architecture, security, and upkeep of mobile applications
- Scope development effort, and provide reliable resource and timeline estimates
- Proactively identify, inform others of and solve issues in the system(s) related to performance, security, or any other issues that could pose a threat to the business
- Define and uphold procedures & processes that allow your team to thrive including standards of deployment, QA, reliability, security, code quality, and documentation
- Work with Product Owners to define, estimate, and develop features to help achieve our business goals
- Work with other developers to ensure the quality of work produced is up to our standards and will achieve our engineering goals
- Take ownership over releasing new code to production systems while ensuring they are secure and scalable to business requirements
- Be part of the on-call rotation to fix issues if features and systems you own are not performing to standards we expect for ourselves and for customers
- Participate in providing constructive feedback on all things related to you, your role, and any tasks you undertake so we can build a better, more enjoyable, more productive business
- Help hire and interview candidates to join your team
The ideal candidate will have:
- A history of working efficiently on a development team (Git, PR, collaboration/pairing, Sprint planning)
- 3+ years of experience with the Swift programming language
- 6+ years of experience developing native applications for the iOS platform
- 3+ years of experience designing, building and maintaining mobile clients that consume RESTful JSON and GraphQL APIs
- 3+ years of using constraints and other techniques to develop user interfaces that adapt to devices of different dimensions, including iPhones and iPads
- 3+ years of experience leading development efforts
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code (TDD a plus)
- Confidence writing asynchronous code
- Experience with the process of releasing an iOS App (Signing, Profiles, etc.)
- Experience setting up and maintaining automated build, test, and deployment tools, such as Fastlane or HockeyApp/AppCenter
Want to know what it’s like to work at Chexology? We move decisively with focus and purpose towards a common goal. We push innovation while treating each other with respect and kindness. We understand that our attitude is reflected in our products, services, and where we work. We value and welcome input from everyone on our team. We hope that you’re passionate about the work we do and ready to dive in with us.
- This position is remote with the flexibility to work in our NYC office post-COVID
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 50% employer contribution
- Equity incentive plan and 401k plan
- In addition to 9-holiday office closures, Chexologists receive PTO days based on their tenure: 15 days in your first two years, 20 days in years 3-5, and 25 days beyond that
Chexology is committed to creating an inclusive culture by embracing and celebrating diversity in our workplace and in the communities we serve. We created a Diversity & Inclusion Committee as one way to work towards creating a culture of inclusion. We believe it's our responsibility to build a workforce that is reflective of our diverse society, and we know that will help us achieve more as a company and create stronger relationships with our customers. We believe in equality for all. We believe in kindness. We believe in leaving a positive impact on the world.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.