About Upper Hand:
Upper Hand is an end to end lifecycle software in sports and fitness designed to manage operations while using forward thinking innovation to drive growth. Upper Hand understands the people who work with our customers better than anyone else. Knowledge that helps our customers escape the administrative vortex of running a business so they can focus on developing clients with Upper Hand. From the front desk to the back office, we’re delivering the tools needed to provide an industry leading experience to clients of sports & fitness organizations, an experience that simplifies life for clients while empowering staff to take their business up and to the right.
About the Position:
The Upper Hand team is growing at a rapid pace and is in need of an experienced product owner. The ideal candidate has 2+ years of product experience, preferably in a associate product owner position. We're seeking an individual that is very self-driven, organized, creative and can quickly understand a complex and ever-changing industry.
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Work with team leaders & key stakeholders to develop and communicate product roadmap. Identify the biggest problems to solve for our users. Form and prioritize solutions to these problems.
- Take features or products from concept through execution
- Communicate requirements to Design and Engineering teams. Ensure that project requirements are clearly documented and understood.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure understanding of product functionality, purpose, and status.
- Identify and track metrics to define what success looks like for product initiatives.
- Prioritize understanding our customers through user interviews, usability tests, on-site visits, surveys, and usage analytics.
- Become an expert on the competitive landscape. Bring forth ideas that promote competitive advantage.
- Work with Product Marketing to educate client-facing teams and users on new products and enhancements.
- Participate in client and prospect visits as a subject matter expert and product advocate.
- Work with stakeholders on issues found in the product to identify impact and potential solutions.
- Support business development, revenue generation, and increased profitability.
Requirements and Skills
- Strong customer empathy and ability to translate customer insights into winning product.
- Understanding of Sports & Fitness Industry.
- Knowledgeable in technology, preferably SaaS technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in business, science, engineering or related field.
- Experience using Agile methodologies to deliver products and technologies is preferred.
- Strong user experience/design sense, with a record of building great products.
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communications skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, open floor and high-reaching environment.
- Ability to “translate” between technical, business, and user-friendly language.
Perks And Benefits
- Award winning office space & culture.
- Complimentary snacks and coffee.
- Ergonomic electronic sitting and standing desk.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Competitive Maternity/Paternity Leave Policy.
To apply, please contact Myles Grote