At FitStack, we are building a risk-free environment. We are coming out of Stealth Mode and creating a new solution to debloat complex code bases to eliminate unnecessary vulnerable code. Our platform enables software developers & managers to improve cybersecurity and productivity by slimming code to critical functions, optimizing performance, and reducing its attack surface.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to develop and deliver high-quality software that helps developers to optimize their CI/CD pipeline. As an early employee, you’ll function as a creator, builder, and innovator. Your efforts will shape the future of the product, team, and company.
Fitstack was born out of venture studio High Alpha Innovation in collaboration with WARF (Wisconsin Alumni Research Association). High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Our founders have extensive experience launching, funding, and scaling companies that generate substantial returns.
What you’ll do:
- Build fast, scalable, reliable software
- Provide continuous feedback, identify process improvement, and openly communicate it to enhance team capabilities
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure consistency, reliability, security, and performance Thrive in an innovative and rapidly growing environment
What we need from you:
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Container and Kubernetes environments; and their runtime architecture like runc.
- Proficiency in backend languages such as python and go. As well as experience in scripting.
- Experience working in a Linux environment (i.e., system calls and socket programming)
- Strong experience with web application frameworks and API development.
- Experience with run-time analysis, debugging tools, and application monitoring tools such as sysdig and strace
- Experience with test-driven development and building test plans, unit tests, integration tests, coverage tests, and automated testing frameworks.
- CI/CD experience (Github actions, Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy)
- Ability to confront ambiguity, self-direct, and work efficiently while pursuing excellence
- Deep understanding of the CI/CD workflow, user experiences, and challenges.
- Computer Science degree or completion of a coding Bootcamp
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus equity plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO plan to encourage a healthy work-life balance
What we value:
- Our culture is built around trust and respect
- Work hard/play challenging environment
- Openness and trust: it's okay to say I don't know
- Pride in ownership: your coding, your architecture, your complete solution
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Fitstack is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please contact Erika Umana