The National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds (NCIGF) is seeking a full-time Python Software Engineer to join our creative, fast-paced team. The National Conference of Insurance Guaranty Funds (NCIGF) – a non-profit, member-funded association – provides national assistance and support to the property and casualty guaranty funds located in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The programmer will play a key role in the software and technology stack that the NCIGF uses to assist in the transfer of claims data from the receivers of insolvent insurance companies to guaranty funds. Our tools for this process include a Django web application, a set of nightly file transfer jobs written in Python, as well as ad-hoc ETL work and data processing using Python and SQL.
While not a test-driven development shop, we also make use of unit and integration test for many of our applications.
Specific Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or a related technical field.
• 3+ years Python development experience (ideally including experience with Django).
• Some knowledge of SQL.
Nice to Knows:
• Git and Github.
• Experience with Linux and Bash (or similar) shell scripting.
• Familiarity with Azure Cloud Service.
What we offer:
• Competitive Salary.
• Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision and paid vacation.
• Culture that encourages growth and development.
To apply, please contact Douglas Storz