Iris is a web-based, client relationship management (CRM) system designed for photographers and creatives. We’ve helped thousands of photographers streamline their businesses by automating back-end office tasks including invoicing, creating contracts, and managing photo sessions.
High Performance You possess the ability to work hard and work smart. If something isn't working, you figure out how to do it, which includes asking for help if you need it.
Initiative If you know something isn't right, you try to fix it because you know it's worth our time to fix it.
EQ > IQ You take the time to improve upon yourself and how you communicate your thoughts and emotions to others, while also learning how to perceive others' emotions. You ensure that you, as a whole person, are not neglected.
Inclusion You tackle your own implicit biases and help others understand theirs to cultivate an environment where we can all thrive regardless of identity.
We value giving everyone an opportunity to grow individually and professionally. As a growing team, we encourage you to explore skills and technologies that interest you. We want you to feel challenged and fulfilled working at Iris.
About Your Role
Our app is built with Ruby on Rails with a front end that we’re slowly converting into React, so there’s a decent amount of legacy code we have to replace! Between tackling the legacy code, building upon existing features, and triaging bugs, you will also take ownership of new features.
- Developing features and improvements to the product in a secure, well-tested, and performant manner
- Collaborating with the CTO and CEO to create and understand feature specifications, requirements, and development plans
- Solving technical problems of small and moderate scope
- Write code that meets the company’s code quality and stylistic standards
- Reviewing code from your peers and performing quality assurance checks
- Deploying features and improvements
- Writing documentation for your code and how features work
- Pair programming when needed
- Must live in Indianapolis, IN, this is not a remote position
- 2-3 years software engineering experience in a production environment
- Fluency in HTML & CSS
- Comfortable designing with usability and accessibility in mind
- Proficiency in SQL; you can write queries using JOINs and WHERE.
- Proficiency writing unit and integration tests
- Willingness to perform full-stack development as needed
- Authorization to work in the United States without requirement of sponsorship/Visa
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails (we will teach you this, if you have no prior experience)
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience with React
- Work experience in a B2C (Business to Consumer) and/or B2B (Business to Business) environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD)
Pay & Benefits
- Salary $65,000 — $75,000
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays off, including your birthday
- Laptop and peripherals provided
- Dog friendly office
Contact Caryssa Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply.