ABOUT UPPER HAND Upper Hand builds innovative software solutions that make the management of sports and fitness effortless while contributing to a healthier, more active world. At Upper Hand, our goal is not to just be good, it is to be the best in the industry. To be great, we must first perform with excellence, which comes from extraordinary people; the foundation for extraordinary people is a best-in-class culture.
POSITION DESCRIPTION We are looking for an entry-level Software Engineer to join our cross-functional, full-stack Product Development team. As members of the Product Development team, Engineers at Upper Hand are responsible for crafting robust technical solutions for our products while helping improve our processes.
The right applicants will have an appetite for collaborating with product owners, designers, marketers, support agents, and other engineers to deliver amazing experiences to end users.
- Implement provided technical plans (designs, requirements, etc.) on assigned applications
- Perform Code Review and developer (peer) QA/testing as assigned
- Diagnose and resolve bugs
- Evaluate and question implementation plans from a technical and business standpoint to aid in refining requirements and improving customer satisfaction
- Self-manage time and effort on projects as assigned
- 0 to 2 years of professional software development
- If you have no professional experience, please include links to projects or a portfolio (live apps, code repositories, etc.)
- Demonstrable full-stack programming experience:
- at least one object-oriented, interpreted language (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and processes (“SDLC”)
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Application development experience using React, Ruby on Rails, and Postgres
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Familiarity with OWASP and WCAG standards and guidelines
- Well-rounded development portfolio
- Container-based development experience using Docker
- Cordova mobile application development (or other “hybrid” paradigms)
To apply, please contact Michael Trilus