Posted: June 15, 2020 Position Type: Part-Time or Full-Time UI Designer and Developer Position Location: West Lafayette, Indiana Start Date: August 1st, 2020
DelMar Software Development is actively looking to add a user-interface designer and developer to our dynamic team. We are a small company that cares about its clients and its employees.
Founded in 2004, DelMar has worked with over 100 clients nationwide, contributed to over 250 projects in a variety of industries, and logged over 100,000 hours on these projects. We build all types of custom software applications including web, mobile, desktop and cloud. In fact, most of the systems we develop use a combination of them.
- Have experience designing UIs for smartphone apps, desktop apps, and websites
- Demonstrate knowledge of best practices in human centered design and visual design (trends, layout, aesthetic, color theory, data visualization iconography and typography)
- Use design tools such as Sketch, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Balsamiq to create low-fidelity and high-fidelity mockups
- Be comfortable working with users and other stakeholders to gather requirements
- Understand business requirements and be able to ask appropriate questions that help clients determine features they must have
- Show initiative and have good time management skills
- Be able to work on your own and in a team
- Be motivated to create solutions that help others
- Like the challenge of making software as efficient and elegant as possible
- Be detail-oriented and take pride in your work
- Appreciate working in a casual, but not undisciplined, environment
- Have a positive, supportive and inclusive attitude, and we promise to have the same attitude towards you
Experience & Requirements: What’cha got? We want to talk to you whether you are looking for your first professional job or have many years of experience and are looking for a new opportunity