Angie’s List is looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join our Software Quality Assurance team in Indianapolis, IN. We are looking for someone who has a passion for making sure software performs accurately, efficiently, and according to plan. As members of fast-paced Scrum teams, our QA Engineers find and destroy bugs as early as possible in our continuous-delivery software development environment. Building great web- and mobile-based software for our members and service professionals can be fun, challenging, iterative, and even chaotic at times – our best employees embrace this, are eager to continuously learn, and strive to improve their team and the department.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure quality and integrity: Work on a Scrum team with software developers to ensure high standards for quality are met from product definition to production implementation. Write clear and detailed, yet concise, test cases in TestRail that are repeatable and can be carried out by others. Perform manual testing during Sprints and deployments. Work to build out test automation around new and existing features. Monitor software deployments for issues. Triage issues as they arise to get a prompt resolution, learn from the situation, and own making changes to prevent similar problems in the future.
- Collaborate and coach on software quality: Work with your Scrum team and QA counterparts in overseeing bug tracking and test prioritization. As the software quality expert on your Scrum team, identify root causes for software defects and coach your Scrum team as a whole to improve quality. Work with your peers in the QA department to create and spread software quality best practices across teams.
- Embrace test automation: You’ll run and develop automated tests as part of your testing and will write manual test plans with future automation in mind. You’ll partner with software developers and the Core Quality team to increase the automated tests in use by your Scrum team, which could include writing automated tests yourself.
Why we think you'll like working here:
- More than 6 million households use AngiesList.com to find the best local service providers, like roofers, plumbers, handymen, and mechanics. You’ll have a direct impact on customer experience every single day for our members and service professionals.
- You’ll work in a continuous-delivery software development environment deploying into a world class, cloud-based, event-driven microservice architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the US.
- We're not afraid to make mistakes and figure out how we can be better in our next Sprint.
What we’re seeking:
- 5+ years of recent, hands-on manual and automated software testing experience, including test plan development, requirements analysis, test case design, test execution practices, defect detection, writing and maintaining automated tests, and logging and tracking bugs.
- Very comfortable testing web-based software, including backend testing of databases and APIs to verify test results and ensure appropriate data conditions exist to supplement your front-end testing work.
- Skilled in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis to software developers and Ops engineers.
- Strong SQL experience verifying data on backend (including use of joins), preferably in MySql or MSSQL.
- Experience using Postman, SoapUI, or another API testing tool for testing backend services.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience executing and monitoring automated test suites.
- Able to use test case management software. (We use TestRail.)
- Able to use an Agile software development tool. (We use JIRA.)
- Able to occasionally work evenings, overnight, or weekends when needed.
- Able to test features on mobile devices (responsive web browser testing and native app testing) when needed.
- Experience with content management frameworks and content management systems is a plus. Salesforce testing experience is a plus.
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US. This role will work in our Headquarters in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Angie's List and HomeAdvisor have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 12 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Denver, CO.
To apply, please contact Kevin Candau