Software Engineer Overview:
Are you interested in creating software that impacts the health and wellness of humans? Want to be a part of a company with tons of energy, fantastic people, excellent mission and growing rapidly? Then check us out. We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to add to our Solution Engineering Team. You will work alongside various members of the Data & Analytics and IT Operations team while reporting to the Director of Solution Engineering. Your main task will be the management of our Ruby stack with its associated Patient Portal, Scheduling and Messaging Systems.
A Software Engineer at OurHealth will do the following on a regular basis:
- Contribute to the development of a strategic direction of the enterprise IT services and operations.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the Company’s technical vision and lead aspects of technological development.
- Oversight and management (including performing diligence, sourcing, and managing technology vendor relationships) in respects to patient portal, patient experience, web development and data integration.
- Manage technology development requirements including systems and software within a portion of enterprise IT budget.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, HIPAA.
- Develop and improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Learn new software workflows prior to release and help train business users.
- Assist in configuration of existing tech platforms as needed.
- Work with IT Leadership to understand Priorities and assist in GOSPA planning & execution to achieve departmental goals.
- Ability to perform all other duties as requested or assigned.
- Partnership at all levels of the organization
- Facilitate communications around Projects, especially change management related activities and ensuring key business stakeholders are informed of the plan, and changes.
A successful Software Engineer at OurHealth will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in enterprise development within the healthcare industry; experience in a service business strongly encouraged.
- Experience with and understanding of strategic and business planning methods, tools, and processes.
- Knowledge of and experience with health applications including web-based and mobile health applications.
- Ruby on Rails
- SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Linux OS (Ubuntu)
To apply, please contact Ashley Billman